Guitar amp stolen- file police report?

solitarycheese

• Members

My Fender Blues Jr (along with a friend's pedalboard and mixer) was stolen out of our shed converted into practice space this weekend, sometime between 4am-11am Saturday morning. I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to file a police report. The amp is worth about $300, but I paid cash for it face to face so I don't have a receipt or serial number- same goes for the pedalboard and mixer.

Oh, and {censored} thieves.

• Members

{censored} that - all you're doing is leaving a paper trail that will connect you when you eventually track the mother{censored}er down and leave him hanging from a streetlight by his own inestines

I mean, yeah, you should keep it official like

• Members

Ya, I would.

And I'd be pissed.

I'd look high and low on the Internet for something like those for sale...check Craig's List, etc. I'd create a little flyer and send it via snail mail to all the local pawn shops (include serial numbers, etc.). Stuff like that. It probably won't amount to anything, but I guarantee you'll feel better for having done something.

Good luck.

• Members

With no serial number, it's doubtful you'll ever get it back. It'd be doubtful anyway, but without knowing the S/N the odds get reduced to something pretty close to zero.

That said, even if you buy something used with cash, you ought to keep a list of serial numbers for every moderately-high-value item that you own in a file drawer or on your computer or something, for just such a situation.

At least this time it wasn't something that'll be horribly expensive to replace. Could have been worse.

Archived