_______ Appreciation Thread

RufusFussbuster

• Members

Easiest fill in the blank, ever.

I'll start with two:

1) The guitar sound on the opening riff of Edgar Winter Group's "Free Ride". I'm pretty sure that riff is magical in some yet undiscovered way. Simple little riff, but I love how it sounds like a bunch of notes being shaken up in a bag and coming out exactly right.

2) Ronnie James Dio's pipes. I just listened to "The Last in Line" for the first time in a decade or so, and was reminded how he could spew 100% pure awesomeness from his pie hole.

No, I'm not high and no, I don't need a group hug.

Just be positive for approx. 90 seconds and post up any little thing about music that kicks ass for you.

Use of the :love: icon not required, but encouraged.

• Members

1)
The guitar sound on the opening riff of Edgar Winter Group's "Free Ride".
I'm pretty sure that riff is magical in some yet undiscovered way. Simple little riff, but I love how it sounds like a bunch of notes being shaken up in a bag and coming out exactly right.

It's magic derives (and I mean that in every sense of the word) from an opening guitar flourish from Hendrix's Remember. At least, I'm pretty sure it does. It's a pretty straight step from that to the Free Ride riff.

So, I guess it's Johnny Winter/Rick Derringer appreciation for picking a cool Hendrix phrase and deftly expanding on it to write a cool song.

• Members

I don't understand all the love for toilet paper. Doesn't anybody else here have hemorrhoids? Toilet paper is barbaric!!! I much prefer Tucks medicated wipes.

Music related, the album Close To The Edge by Yes, and a big ole fattie.

Archived