I LOVE Disco and I dont care WHO knows it!!

DaveAronow

• Members

Do you hang around men's toilets too:facepalm:

Only the ones where they play Chic records nice'n loud ...

Anyone who liketh not Good Times, Le Freak and I Want Your Love is groove-immune.

• Members

No it doesn't.

Yes, it does. :p

What I like(ed) most about disco was that it was very inclusive of all races of people.

Whereas rock (in the '70s, at least) was very racist and you only saw white people performing it.

I think most of the backlash against disco was because of that fact.

• Members

You know I was a real Disco hater when it was popular in the late 70s. However I have Rino CD collection of Disco that I actually like now. It is funny how as you grow your music tastes tend to expand a bit.

Max

Same here. I even had a 'Disco Sucks' t-shirt.

I think the problem I had with disco is that when it was at its peak, I was too young to go to the club, do drugs, and have indiscriminate sex. So I couldn't experience the whole thing. If I had been a few years older, you can bet I'd have been shaking my groove thing.

• Members

I think the problem I had with disco is that when it was at its peak, I was too young to go to the club, do drugs, and have indiscriminate sex. So I couldn't experience the whole thing. If I had been a few years older, you can bet I'd have been shaking my groove thing.

Yeah, my particular problem with disco was that I couldn't afford the clothes, the haircuts, the drugs (or the alcohol), or the cars that disco aficionados seemed to be able to indulge in.

Also, I couldn't dance.:mad:

But I did enjoy listening to a lot of it.

• Members

:poke: I was and it really wasn

• Members

'Disco'... reminds me of:

- Sweat dripping down the School dining hall, as pre-pubescent acned youths, smelling of 'Old Spice' suck each others' faces.

- Elderly members of my family at weddings applying mid '60s, jerky dance moves to the high pitched tones of curly haired men with jeans too tight around their scrotums.

- Tall women wearing tight shorts and roller boots.

... Hmm, that last one isn't so bad though.

Mind you, I can dance pretty well after a drink or two, although the last time that happened, everyone had to go home early.

• Members

Anything with a good groove gets my attention. There was a lot of crap, but there are some good songs from that genre. I mean if you just listen to straight up rock all the time you are going to eventually burn yourself out or get stuck in a rut.

• Members

Hated it while growing up in the 80s, don't especially like it now except for the characteristic groovy bass lines.

However, this is where it's at: New York's Tortured Soul doing the tightest four-on-the-floor live house/disco groove this side of the 2000s.

on-m-jmskaU

• Members

I remember reading an interview a while back with Alice Cooper asking what his 5 favorite albums were. One of them was the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack but he said it was an "under the seat CD" because he wouldn't want to be caught listening to it. (Which is ironic because this was in an interview that was published world wide. Go figure.)

Anyways. Despite there being some pretty decent pics from that era, disco does in fact suck.

Archived