What's the beef with Dimarzio?

Guest Guest

• Members

I like Dimarzios much more than Duncans.

The Dimarzios I've had (PAF, Air Norton, Super Dist, Breed) were great sounding and very versatile pups.

Duncans (for me anyway) sound a little bland. The only ones I really liked were the Seth Lover and the Custom Custom. Even then, I found other pups that I liked better.

• Members

I like Dimarzios much more than Duncans.

The Dimarzios I've had (PAF, Air Norton, Super Dist, Breed) were great sounding and very versatile pups.

Duncans (for me anyway) sound a little bland. The only ones I really liked were the Seth Lover and the Custom Custom. Even then, I found other pups that I liked better.

I agree. I'd pick DiMarzios over Duncan almost every time. Although, it's not like I despise Duncans or anything. I've been generally happy with a few over the years...namely a Seth Lover neck, a set of Antiquity mini hums and an older Quarter Pounder tele bridge...it just seems like I've had a few more duds from Duncan over the years.

• Members

I hear people ragging on DiMarzio's a bit. They ask me why I don't have Duncan's installed. I use/have used SD Screamin Demon, Pearly Gates and 59s; Dimarzio Super D, Fred, PAF Pro, Tone Zone, and HS3; EMG 81, 85, SA, and the vintage S series (don't remember the model name). Except for the EMG single coils, I've liked all of them, and would use them again. They all had great sounds for different things. I think the Super D is my favorite p'up out of them.

• Members

I've never had anything against Dimarzios. I think I probably own about 15 Dimarzios at the moment.

Now... Larry the man... kind of a douchewaffle in my opinion, but whatever. His company makes very decent pickups.

:lol:

Archived