And it's a good kinda evil........

lp_junkie

• Members

I took a long break from performing, and now with this band I am in and our new record I am definitely back on top of my game. Can't wait to get out on the road again.

No drugs no drama, so look out world.

Here's a song off the album, this is just mixed not mastered.

This an Orville LP Standard and Gibson LP Classic through my DSL401 :thu:

And it's a good kinda evil, RounGrounBrown

• Members

I agree with Rarae for the most part. The guitar just seems like it needed to be cranked up more. Nice vocals, the cymbal crashes sound funny, almost sounds like the drummer is playing live over a recording of the rest of you guys.

I'd like to hear the singer (is that you?) belt it a little, sounds like he's got the pipes for it

• Members

Not to great a mix IMO.

I can't hear the guitar line. Drums too tinkety. Vocal sounds good but would be better with the guitar being more audible. Either that or it was starting to wear on me sounding like he was using a megaphone. Almost sounds like the guitar tone is all scooped out and just won't cut. Riff is OK sounds Godsmack-ish but not STP-ish which is what the singer sounds like he wants it to sound like. It's hard to write originals that don't show the influence too much.

I wouldn't be leaving if you guys were playing in a bar I happened to be in.

• Members

My 2 cents and let me preface with it is better than anything I will probably ever write. My originals suck.

If I saw a local band playing this in a bar I would say that's pretty cool. If I heard it on the radio I would be like "why the hell are they playing this?".

• Members

i think its really cool man. i like the sustain on the long-held power chords that start at 3:10 (like 3 or 4 of them)

i also like that your solo area isnt just about how fast you can play some unperceivable scales. that its just nice long notes that fit.

very good job junkie. i like it. i like the style that it is.

like everyone else has said, the guitar should be louder but im sure that the mix levels is not what you really wanted feedback on anyways, so no big deal, BUT TURN THAT SUCKER UP!!!!!

kiddin, its rreally good man.

• Members

Cool, I appreciate the feedback, that was just a rough mix for me to hear what I was doing, we have another month scheduled in the studio just for mixing down these songs, we have 13 total tracks on the album, plus about 5 or 6 that we are going to save for the next one.

There are a few little mistakes here and there from all of us.

• Members

I would try to accentuate the mids on your next run and really push the dynamics of your guitar sound so it rises through the mix. Good distortion sound just too low as mentioned. Reminds me of the 90s in Austin watching Dangerous Toys and the likes.

• Members

cymbals need a boost at about 10k and cut at 2k...way more hi-mid on the guitar and a big boost on the level...are you planning to run the single-tracked vocal through a low-fi filter?

The song itself is pretty cool, I like the overall vibe...

a serious remix should put it in the ballpark...

GOOD LUCK!:wave:

Archived