Valleys of Neptune...any thoughts?

rocknhard

• Members

Haven't got the album yet, but as a Hendrix fanatic, I must get it ASAP!!

Glad to hear that you like it. I really like the title track too. It's awesome.

I read a thread in the Effects forum about the album, and most people really like it too.

• Members

Have it -- love it.

Most of the songs are familiar (some of those with unfamiliar titles are early sketches which eventually evolved into other songs we know from later recordings) so it's skinny pickings for admirers of Hendrix the songwriter/composer ... but it's a feast for aficionados of Hendrix the guitarist, groovemeister and master improviser. He's on great performing form throughout ... so if you love to hear him PLAY, acquire with confidence and enjoy at leisure.

• Members

I love it! Stone Free and specifically Fire are pretty bad imo, but the rest of the cd is money. Great tones, great grooves, and great Jimi playing. Mr Bad Luck and Sunshine of your Love are stealing it for me though. Great Jams.

I just also noticed though that Target is selling a version that is "exclusive to them only" that has 2 bonus tracks. Does anyone know what these bonus tracks are? I {censored}ing hate buying a cd from somewhere then finding out some other cockbag store is selling bonus songs.

Archived