Ok, so I need a need a little drilling help.

Blackhell

• Members

Ok, so you may know I'm doing a build. I ain't gonna bore you with the specs and {censored}, I'm just gonna ask this question. So, I bought the body from SouthEast guitars, and I never bothered to ask about drilling two extra holes for the mini toggle switch and the regular toggle switch. Well, Ima gettin' it painted probably tomarrow or within the next week. My uncle said he would drill the holes for me, I just need to find the size. Would any of you dudes have a clue on what size drill bit he would need to make the holes for these two switches?

Here are links to the exact switches.

http://www.axcessories.com/proddetail.asp?prod=axsw3way1gq

http://www.axcessories.com/proddetail.asp?prod=axswmonong

Thanks guys.:wave:

• Members

Just let him have the switches and he can eyeball a pretty good fit. Switch openings don't have to be precise. The washers will cover any opening within reason.

edit: since this is going in wood, it may actually be neater to drill a slightly small hole and then ream it to the final size. Depending on the type of wood, that may cut down on chipping or tearing.

• Members

Just let him have the switches and he can eyeball a pretty good fit. Switch openings don't have to be precise. The washers will cover any opening within reason.

edit: since this is going in wood, it may actually be neater to drill a slightly small hole and then ream it to the final size. Depending on the type of wood, that may cut down on chipping or tearing.

The top wood is maple. Would that chip?

• Members

Maple is hard and tough. It should drill pretty clean. Still, if you're drilling with regular twist bits you're probably going to need to clean up the holes a little after you drill. I'd just start with a smaller bit to see how clean it will drill.

Archived