Epiphone Les Paul Tribute

fly_with_v

• Members

I think I am going to buy one of these guitars. Anyone have one, played one, looked at the construction?

I love LP's and this would seem to give the classic LP sound for cheap. I am just looking for something that I can carry around when I travel.

• Members

No idea how mine is contructed. I'm assuming it's of normal construction, just made out of more pieces of wood that might not make the cut for a higher-end LP.

This one is a MIK model, LP Standard model, all black. Fairly light, very resonanant, plays and sounds great. Stole it for $250 from Elderly (as-is, looked very rough) with a hard case, cleaned it up (took like two hours, but now looks almost new). I'm a Strat guy, but this LP gets it done when I need that sound. I like it better than about any LP I've ever played. Not an expert of LPs, but I like what I have.

Later I swapped pickups for two I had in my spares box - DiMarzio PAF in the neck, SD Pearly Gates in the bridge. Stock pickups were fine, but these are awesome.

• Members

The Les Paul Tribute has a real maple top (cap), not a veneer. Suposedly it is made of premium woods. I am sure that it is made with "premium" chinese wood. I more wonerding how many pieces of wood were used and anyone experience. I know how many guitars I have, but I do not take the Gibson on vacations. My epi is very nice, but not tradional.

• Members
Guys he's talking about the new
"Tribute" model Epi LP
not the standard Epi LP.

I don't know if anyone here has one of the new Tributes but there are a few on the My Les Paul forums. You may want to check over there for reviews.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/epiphone-les-pauls/

true, but he also said he wanted to be on the "cheap"...:o

:poke:

• Members
true, but he also said he wanted to be on the "cheap"...
:o

:poke:

I'm thinking he means 'cheap' relative to a Gibson.

The Tribute does look pretty good. 60's or asymmetrical neck, Gibson 57 & 57+ pups, long tenon, and case for $799.

• Members

i have the new Epiphone Les Paul Tribute.

Maple over Mahogany, i chose the asymetrical neck (really nice), 57 classic pickups, strap locks, locking tuners........one resonant mother!!

there are series/parallel push pull knobs for the pickups and a plush form fitting hard shell case.

overall a great guitar, way better than standard Epiphones.

okay, here is the bad news. i had to have it refretted and the neck shaved to rid the guitar of a twisted neck. not bad, but it fretted out in a few places and no set up would get rid of it. once i had that done, this guitar is as good as any out there.

• Members

Guitarman that sucks, but it should have been covered by the Epi warranty. Hope they took care of it.

All but one of my Gibsons are 60's neck, how do you like the asymmetrical? Have you looked inside the pickup cavities at the construction.

• Members

my guitar appears to be 2 piece and a Maple cap. i didn't go to Epiphone for warranty because i can afford to make this guitar a "GREAT" Les Paul.
i guess i opted to have the work done. most wouldn't notice, but my tech did and that is what matters to me.

the asymetrical neck is to die for!!! easily the best neck i have ever played leads on. my hands just glide over this profile.

it makes the transition to my Tele's and Strats soooooo easy.

try it, love it, enjoy.....repeat!

Archived