NGD - Charvel San Dimas Reissue

rich-96db

• Members

Nice, HNGD. Interesting observations, thanks for posting. I wouldn't mind trying one of them out when I get a chance.

The truss rod adjustment is at the end of neck. The only way to adjust it is by removing the neck.

That drives me batty w/ my strats, too.

• Members

Very nice! I thought about getting that one a few weeks ago, but didn't want to spend another $1K, so I got me the Black HSS American Special Strat instead. Got it for just under $700 at GC....big sale. Anyway, that is one fine axe brother. I see the Blackstar amp. Is that particular Blackstar very good? I have been thinking about it for a few monthes as well. Please do tell??

• Members

Very nice! I thought about getting that one a few weeks ago, but didn't want to spend another $1K, so I got me the Black HSS American Special Strat instead. Got it for just under $700 at GC....big sale. Anyway, that is one fine axe brother. I see the Blackstar amp. Is that particular Blackstar very good? I have been thinking about it for a few monthes as well. Please do tell??

It's the Blackstar HT-5 mini-stack. I got it just before Christmas when GC was selling them for $479. There's lots of reviews of that amp here on HC. Overall, it does what it's supposed to -- deliver a huge sounding Marshall-like tone at volumes that don't peal the paint off the wall. It goes from classic Marshall crunch to medium-high gain, just short of metal tones. The clean channel doesn't have a lot of fans, but it works for me with a compressor up front and a reverb pedal in the loop.

• Members

It's the Blackstar HT-5 mini-stack. I got it just before Christmas when GC was selling them for $479. There's lots of reviews of that amp here on HC. Overall, it does what it's supposed to -- deliver a huge sounding Marshall-like tone at volumes that don't peal the paint off the wall. It goes from classic Marshall crunch to medium-high gain, just short of metal tones. The clean channel doesn't have a lot of fans, but it works for me with a compressor up front and a reverb pedal in the loop.

I got the same amp at the same price, at the same time from Guitar Center.

I also like the amp for what it is. Here are a few songs I've recorded with it.

This one is a mixture of direct and mic'd tones.

Far Behind

And this one is all mic'd.

I Alone

• Members

I got the same amp at the same price, at the same time from Guitar Center.

I also like the amp for what it is. Here are a few songs I've recorded with it.

This one is a mixture of direct and mic'd tones.

And this one is all mic'd.

Those are great. Did you do all of the other instruments and vocals on the tracks?

Archived