Question about a Hamer

cfgsteak

• Members

I believe these are the older Korean made import Hamers. Duncan-designed pickups. Pretty decent quality for the $. Comparable to a higher-end Epi. They've been replaced by the XT series which are made in China, and IMO, not as high quality. Throw a set of good P90's in here and you'll have a nice workhorse guitar.

• Members

I believe these are the older Korean made import Hamers. Duncan-designed pickups. Pretty decent quality for the $. Comparable to a higher-end Epi. They've been replaced by the XT series which are made in China, and IMO, not as high quality. Throw a set of good P90's in here and you'll have a nice workhorse guitar.

I have a Chinese made Vector and I actually put the stock pickups back in it. It plays and sounds killer.

• Members

Play before buying. Some of the import Hamers are kind of cheesy, some of them are pretty damn decent. I have a Chinese Scarab which is a nice guitar. Or, at that price, save up your coins and get a used USA Hamer for maybe $250 more. You likely wouldn't ever sell that or feel a need to upgrade.

• Members

Play before buying. Some of the import Hamers are kind of cheesy, some of them are pretty damn decent. I have a Chinese Scarab which is a nice guitar. Or, at that price, save up your coins and get a used USA Hamer for maybe $250 more. You likely wouldn't ever sell that or feel a need to upgrade.

Agreed, though the USA Goldtops go for more like $900-1200 used.

• Members

Yeah he wouldn't be in goldtop territory - more like Special territory. But that's a good territory to be in unless you really
need
the goldenness . . .

Yeah, I think I will save up for a USA most likely. Thanks for the replies!

• Members

Thread acutely relevant to my interests, due to this.

I saw your vids this morning Frets99, thanks for making those. Very nice playing!

Does anyone know for sure if these do or do not have a maple cap? Maybe the Korean ones do, and the XT/Chinese production ones don't? I was looking around all day, and I thought I finally came away with the answer that there was no maple on these XTs.

C'mon UPS, get it here quickly and in one piece!

• Members
Thread acutely relevant to my interests, due to
this

I saw your vids this morning Frets99, thanks for making those. Very nice playing!

Does anyone know for sure if these do or do not have a maple cap? Maybe the Korean ones do, and the XT/Chinese production ones don't? I was looking around all day, and I thought I finally came away with the answer that there was no maple on these XTs.

C'mon UPS, get it here quickly and in one piece!

I believe you'll be happy with that one...:o

Archived