How much time do you spend playing other peoples music.

volvo1800

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Honestly... I don' think I can play a song written by someone else all the way through.

I don't have the patience for learning anything except what I write.

I hear ya. I go both ways. Love 60's 70's music and play it but playing my own tunes (all pure music, no words) is like a whole different experience. To each his own.

I've never had professional ambition for my music. Some of it is very original...not influenced by much at all. I have to laugh though at all the music I hear from pros and semi pros that can easily be picked out as a ZZ song, Zep song..oh that one is the Allman bros, next one sounds like Clapton.

Somebody said once that all music is just a rearrangement of something the writer heard previously. If there's any truth in that we all play others music.

I heard a guitar player a week or so ago in Seattle who critics are calling "one of the greatest guitarists" in the world. About five of his sounds sounded as if they came right off one of the golden age of rock albums. :lol:

• Members

I play about 90% other people music. I went from ciovers in the 80s to originals in the 90s and then back to covers.

I can write songs but I came to the conclusion that my songs are not going to make a music career for me. I am done writing songs and playing originals gigs for the sake of my "art". After many years I grew tired of the low paying gigs with small audiences. I still write and record songs, I just don't inflict them on the public anymore.

Max

• Members

Honestly... I don' think I can play a song written by someone else all the way through.

I don't have the patience for learning anything except what I write.

+1

That's me anymore.. I did the club circuit years ago doing covers and these days I'm just not interested in playing other people's stuff:idk:

I prefer to work on my own

Archived