How to wire pushbutton on/off switch for coil tap?

wkrantz7

• Members

I have a Joe Barden Two-Tone HB that has an interesting configuration that allows it to truely transform into an S-Deluxe single coil pickup. I'm not sure that coil tap is the proper term for this humbucker. The wiring config is here: http://www.joebarden.com/Products/Wiring-Diagrams/HBandHBTT.pdf

The problem I'm having is that the wiring diagram shows a DPDT switch with 6 terminals. I went to Radio Shack and could only find large toggle DPDT switches, rather than the pushbutton on/off switch I am looking for. The only pushbutton switches I could find were SPST, had fewer terminals (2 or 3), and didn't stay pushed down when turned on (they would return to the initial position whenever clicked). I'm looking for a button that will stay down when clicked on, so I know for sure whether its on or off, and one that will fit with the wiring of the Joe Barden Two-Tone. Any suggestions? Thanks.

• Members

I have TwoTones and mine are only tappable, not splittable as well. Were these custom made, or what?

No, the two tone is not custom, its a typical two tone. I'm just looking for suggestions for pushbutton on/off switches that will fit the wiring diagram of a Two Tone. What do you tap yours with?

• Members
No, the two tone is not custom, its a typical two tone. I'm just looking for suggestions for pushbutton on/off switches that will fit the wiring diagram of a Two Tone. What do you tap yours with?

the ones I still have I use push-pull pots, separate on each pickup. My other two sets that I used to have I just used a mini-toggle.

• Members

the ones I still have I use push-pull pots, separate on each pickup. My other two sets that I used to have I just used a mini-toggle.

Cool. I just bought a DPDT micromini toggle from Radio Shack...should do the trick.

Archived