Rebel-30 Head Vid Demo Sorry to be a pest!!

jhall

• Members

Sorry to post such lousy playing as I;m in a serious rut but I can't help but post these inane vids

It's my Rebel-30 head into a Marshall 4x12. I used two micas into the inputs of a Zoom H4 as I videoed it. I then synced the audio up and discarded the crappier audio ( I still hav to figure out how to record how good these new amps of mine sound in the room) from the camera only leaving the voice part:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

dude, that sounds awful. You should spare us all any future auditory torture and get rid of all you gear immediately if not sooner! Immediately!! My suggestion on the best way to do that is to send it all to me and I'll dispose of it properly!!! Just trying to help!

:D

That actually sounded pretty good. I wasn't able to get any type of decent tones out of the egnaters I tried. I guess the combination of the tiny bit of tone that's in my fingers and the tones the egnaters are capable of just don't work well together. You got it to sound much better than I ever could.

• Members
dude, that sounds awful. You should spare us all any future auditory torture and get rid of all you gear immediately if not sooner!
Immediately!!
My suggestion on the best way to do that is to send it all to me and I'll dispose of it properly!!! Just trying to help!

:D

That actually sounded pretty good. I wasn't able to get any type of decent tones out of the egnaters I tried. I guess the combination of the tiny bit of tone that's in my fingers and the tones the egnaters are capable of just don't work well together. You got it to sound much better than I ever could.

Thanks!! I have found with this amp that it is VERY speaker specific. It sounds killer with the 12-75-Gt speakers in that Marshall cab.
It actually sounds WAY better in the room and even when I stick my head where the mics are positioned. Guess that's where a good room and a top notch Mic pre would help.

• Members

Nice video and demo - sounds really thick and crunchy! I tried a Rebel 30 at GC a couple of weeks ago and liked it a lot. I'm wondering how the recording-out sounds. Any chance of doing a similar demo using the XLR output for audio? I'm curious how close it sounds to a mic'd cab, because if I bought one I'd be using that 90% of the time.

• Members

Nice video and demo - sounds really thick and crunchy! I tried a Rebel 30 at GC a couple of weeks ago and liked it a lot. I'm wondering how the recording-out sounds. Any chance of doing a similar demo using the XLR output for audio? I'm curious how close it sounds to a mic'd cab, because if I bought one I'd be using that 90% of the time.

I'm not really that good at recording stuff but I remember hearing a demo of it on soundclick I think. I remember it sounding excellent. As for myself I did plug the direct out into one of my Powered Studio moniters and thought the "speaker compensation" muted the brightness down too much. I like being able to achieve Icepick in the forehead levels of brightness. It's easier to dial that back than it is to put brightness into a recording that's not there. (that must be why I love that Marshall 4x12 in the vid because you can shatter glass with the highs yet the bass can wiggle your balls at the same time).

Again I'm no expert at using that and I should try that approach a bit before I make a statement about that feature that is due to my ignorance.

Archived