Ibanez Refinish Thread!!!

guitarheo3

• Members

Nah...the wood is fine. Let it set in a heated area for a coule days. Nitrocellulouse lacquer dries by solvent evap. Heat speeds that process. Got a small electric space heater? How bout a box the body fits in? Put it in said box laid on it's side and put the heater right at the opening. It'll work....try it and the swelling will go down.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

this motherluver looks like a professional finish. that rubbing compound and swirl remover is the {censored}.
BUT experiensed the worst feeling ever last night of spending 2 hours on the electronics and they didn't work :/. so today i'll fix that hopefully. pics lter :wave:

• Members
wow i really {censored}ing hate electronics:mad:. got the bridge pickup to work finally in the 3rd position of the 5 way. wish i was man enough to take it to the shop
:lol:
and have them do it

haha i know wat you mean...im always a DIY kinda guy...well sometimes...i can solder somewhat but thats it haha :cop:

• Members

BTW ive never heard of that "drilling holes bigger to increase resonance" trick...does it actually work? im going to contour the neck heel a little more on my beat-up guitar (avatar pic) and such...but if that works i can kill 2 birds with one stone...

• Members
BTW ive never heard of that "drilling holes bigger to increase resonance" trick...does it actually work? im going to contour the neck heel a little more on my beat-up guitar (avatar pic) and such...but if that works i can kill 2 birds with one stone...

i havn't tried it either. just saw some guy a couple weeks ago do it and he said it does. it makes sense to me thought as the screws are only threading into the neck and making a tighter joint :idk::wave:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
i havn't tried it either. just saw some guy a couple weeks ago do it and he said it does. it makes sense to me thought as the screws are only threading into the neck and making a tighter joint
:idk::wave:

Yeah i dont know really i just contoured the neck heel on it the other week but i didnt have any drill to widen the hole or have any washers to put in so i just kinda left it looking {censored}ty :lol: its already a pile of crap anyway haha but i hope your ibanez turns out great :D

• Members

Looks cool but the binding not so much. If it were mine I would have just done the whole thing like you did the back and sides and called it a day. I prefer natural finishes and on Ibanez guitars I think they look better/classier than in black or other painted day-glo colors.

• Members
You might be able to even out the binding that you have painted on there by using a razor blade and scraping in straight lines...of course it could screw the hole thing up too:idk:

hmm... sounds interesting but i'd hate to fukk it all up when it's done. :idk:

• Members

The front looks really good for a spray bomb, but something needs to be done about the 'binding.' Is this guitar Korean or Japanese?

thanks... i really dont know how to go about fixing the binding tho

and i think its korean.. it might be as old as me possibly :lol:

• Members
thanks... i really dont know how to go about fixing the binding tho

and i think its korean.. it might be as old as me possibly
:lol:

Unless you're 8, I doubt it. I had a 450DX that was made in Japan, and it was a fine guitar. Same color as your original, actually. You could probably see the country of origin on the back of the headstock.

Archived