GFS Neovin Power Rock installation question/problem. Help!!!

Darkshines

• Members

I had a thread about this earlier, but it was a little unclear as to my problem. I had made some progress on these, but I ran out of time trying to wire this guitar up before my gig last friday, then I went out of town for 3 days, and then I've been working a 45 hr work week. In any case, they are not done. The diagrams the pickups came with are pretty basic and don't say what to do with some of the pickup wires. There's actual pictures of installed pickups in with the diagrams, but they are not clear. You'll see in the pictures of my pickguard that the Silver wrapped wire and the White and Red wires aren't connected to anything. The Greens are connected to the 5 way switch and the blacks are connected to the ground spot on the 5 way switch. Nothing is connected to the 3 other terminals on the 5 way switch and that seems normal. Can anyone take a look and see if I'm doing anything wrong? I have this switching/wiring setup: http://store.guitarfetish.com/neprtrbydpsw.html

with these pickups: http://store.guitarfetish.com/nenoprosetwh.html

dscn0966r.jpg

dscn0967z.jpg

dscn0968c.jpg

dscn0969.jpg

• Members

should I solder the silver wires to the back of a pot? There's 5 wires, red and white are soldered together (do they just float?), a green soldered to the 5 way switch, and a black that's soldered to a ground joint also on the 5 way switch.

• Members

The red and white don't connect to anything. They are humbuckers, after all. Just throw some shrink on the ends. Then take the other one and ground to the pot. Should do it. If they're all Neo's just go to Seymours site and use one of their rail pup diagrams. If you mix another brand of pup in the mix then SD colors will make the GFS pups out of phase.

• Members

Thanks for all the help so far guys. I know a reputable luthier/guitar tech in my town, but I'd really like to learn on my own by doing it, even if I have some coaching.

push/pull will toggle between active and passive electronics. according to GuitarFetish, if my battery goes dead I can go to passive with a normal volume and a 3pickup tone knob.

can I melt some wrapped electrical tape instead of buying shrink wrap?

• Members

Thanks for all the help so far guys. I know a reputable luthier/guitar tech in my town, but I'd really like to learn on my own by doing it, even if I have some coaching.

push/pull will toggle between active and passive electronics. according to GuitarFetish, if my battery goes dead I can go to passive with a normal volume and a 3pickup tone knob.

can I melt some wrapped electrical tape instead of buying shrink wrap?

You can actually get away with just leaving them lose, but I would highly recommend wrapping them in something. You can just use some electrical tape, its not necessary to melt it.

If you leave them open and they manage to touch a contact or a ground, they will short out the circuit.

Archived