Probably not the best place to ask this but I like you guys more..

leelee

• Members

OK, first of all, my question is related to bass amps and cabinets. But I like you guys more so I'm going to ask here instead of the other forums.

I have a bass amp rated at 400W @ 4ohms and 250W @ 8ohms (Yorkville XS400H) and I'm thinking of running it into a small 1x10" cab (Eden D110T) at home for practice. The cab is rated at 150W @ 8ohms.

My question is, would I blow anything up if I used the two together? I'm new to this whole bass amp thing so I have no clue how to deal with the 800W monster amps. I'm too use to my 50W rectoverb.. :confused::)

Thanks a bunch in advance guys! :wave:

• Members

that Eden cabinet will be more then loud enough for home practice. Edens are {censored}ing mean.

Serious? :eek: The speaker wouldn't just *BLOW* right away if I turn it up right? More like the speakers will tear apart slowly?

I just want something small I can practice/record with at home without burning my house down. :p

• Members

i think it will be more then enough... if you're not sure you always have other options... i'd recommend a Mesa or GK 212. Mesas sound better and more expensive, and are heavier. the GK's have a great pricetag and are light and portable, and sound absolutely great, i'm gonna get one this summer.

right now i'm using a Peavey 410 TVX and it's just as good or better then any 410 cabinet, say, Ampeg has out these days. cheap, sounds great, heavy as {censored}.

• Members

i think it will be more then enough... if you're not sure you always have other options... i'd recommend a Mesa or GK 212. Mesas sound better and more expensive, and are heavier. the GK's have a great pricetag and are light and portable, and sound absolutely great, i'm gonna get one this summer.

right now i'm using a Peavey 410 TVX and it's just as good or better then any 410 cabinet, say, Ampeg has out these days. cheap, sounds great, heavy as {censored}.

I love Mesa myself but I want to keep this bass activity as cheap as possible until I know I want to really get into it. Thanks for the suggestions!

Btw, is $125 a good price for the Eden D110T I mentioned earlier? I could get an Ampeg SVT210HE for double the amount @ $250 but not sure if it's worth the extra cash for me if all I'm going to be doing is practicing at home.

• Members

a 110 at that price by Eden would be a steal.

but, for versatility/sound/pricetag, i'd still recommend trying and find a GK Neo 212 used
;)
rcmaudio.com used to have great prices on them. you could play mostly any gig with one of those as well.

I'll look into GK and Peavey too. So the Ampeg 210 I mentioned is a no go compared to the others right?

• Members

Ampeg is nowhere near as good as most people think it is. Except for the vintage stuff, SVT's, 610 fridges, 410 PRF's, and a couple other gems
:love:

Alright! Sounds like I'll go try the Eden out and see how it's like first. Thanks a lot for the help Poltergeist. :thu:

I knew this place was the right place to ask.. :lol:

• Members

Alright! Sounds like I'll go try the Eden out and see how it's like first. Thanks a lot for the help Poltergeist.
:thu:

I knew this place was the right place to ask..
:lol:

the peeps at the bass forum are awesome, and they'd probably help you more then i have though.

Archived