NGD - PRS Custom 24 Dave Navarro Signature Model

yell03

• Members

Just arrived today.

No, I don't even like Dave Navarro, but I liked the specs on this guitar, the color scheme, and the lower price since it is not a Ten top.

I have not had a chance to really play it, my wife let a tape measure go yesterday and it flew back & sliced open my fret hand pointing finger, DEEP:mad:

I'll give it some rounds in a bit, but with a bandaid it will be tough.

Without one, the string gets in to the cut.

Here are some pics for now:

100_2262.jpg

100_2263.jpg

100_2264.jpg

100_2265.jpg

100_2267.jpg

100_2270.jpg

100_2281-1.jpg

100_2279.jpg

• Members

Thanks all!:)

I've been playing it with a bandaid on, don't want to get it bloody.

I switched it up to 9-42s to make it an even playing field with my other guitars while I try to decide it it is a keeper.

So far I don't think it has a better tone than my Les Pauls or my SG.

I know, I know.... it is a different tone, but I definitely don't think it is better.

Surprisingly, I think my Les Pauls and SG are better in terms of playability also.

Don't put to much in to this early review, it always takes me a while to warm up to new things, guitars included.

It doesn't seem to play as well as either of the two used Custom 24s I played at GC, a 2005 and a 2007. They both felt like they were higher quality instruments also?:confused:

I don't think it sounds as good either...

Hard to tell inside GC, plus I was using a Mesa Electra Dyne there, at home I am using my Trademark 60, but all my other guitars sound great through it.

Give me a little nmore time to play it.

Right now I don't think it is a $2397 (regular selling price) guitar.

It seems to be more on par with my $1319 Les Paul Studio than it does with my higher priced Custom Shops.

The regular production PRS Custom 24s definitely felt like they were Custom Shop quality.

I hope PRS doesn't cut corners on Signature Models?

More later.

• Members

Thanks all!
:)

I've been playing it with a bandaid on, don't want to get it bloody.

I switched it up to 9-42s to make it an even playing field with my other guitars while I try to decide it it is a keeper.

So far I don't think it has a better tone than my Les Pauls or my SG.

I know, I know.... it is a different tone, but I definitely don't think it is better.

Surprisingly, I think my Les Pauls and SG are better in terms of playability also.

Don't put to much in to this early review, it always takes me a while to warm up to new things, guitars included.

It doesn't seem to play as well as either of the two used Custom 24s I played at GC, a 2005 and a 2007. They both felt like they were higher quality instruments also?
:confused:

I don't think it sounds as good either...

Hard to tell inside GC, plus I was using a Mesa Electra Dyne there, at home I am using my Trademark 60, but all my other guitars sound great through it.

Give me a little nmore time to play it.

Right now I don't think it is a $2397 (regular selling price) guitar.

It seems to be more on par with my $1319 Les Paul Studio than it does with my higher priced Custom Shops.

The regular production PRS Custom 24s definitely felt like they were Custom Shop quality.

I hope PRS doesn't cut corners on Signature Models?

More later.

You are definitely going to have to come at that one with a different approach than your Gibbys. PRS and Gibsons are totally different instruments.

1st thing I'd do is play with pickup height. In my experience, PRS pickups like being a little lower than usual. 2nd thing I'd do is set it up ;)

edit:

HNGD-1.jpg

Archived