Tone knobs acting as volume knobs!

wkrantz7

• Members

The tone knobs on my Strat I just wired are cutting the volume on the middle/neck pickups as I roll them off..not sure what the problem is. With a little bit of jiggling the pots, the problem seemed to go away, and the tone knobs acted OK...then the problem returned. I checked for bad connections and the capacitor seems to be properly grounded (checked for continuity). What could the problem be?

• Members

tone knobs can definitely make it quieter when you roll them off.

i was at band practice once and had my neck tone rolled all the way off (didn't know it) when it came time for my solo, i flipped to the neck and then the whole thing just died and got totally lost in the mix. never did realize until after the song why i suddenly couldn't hear the guitar anymore...

..... but i dont think that's what youre asking about :freak:

• Members

Can you post a photo of this? Sounds like you have several problem going on with your guitar. Lot of smart people here could probably figure it out, if they saw it.

I think I solved the problem...after some resoldering the tone knobs are working correctly...now the problem is the middle pickup is way quieter than the others...not sure what's wrong here.

• Members

I think I solved the problem...after some resoldering the tone knobs are working correctly...now the problem is the middle pickup is way quieter than the others...not sure what's wrong here.

Figured out what was wrong...middle pickup wasn't completely grounded. Now the tone knob is not doing anything!!!:mad:

Archived