About to order a Bugera V22.

twotimingpete

• Members

What's the word on the V5?

I've had the V5 for about a month and I think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread, seriously.

Great clean, to crunch, plus a good reverb.

Can't say enough good things about it, all stock.

Just let it warm up and break in a little.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been gigging with my V22 for several months now and I don't even think about my Hot Rod Deluxe any more...okay, once in a while I do. But still, the V22 is getting the job done very nicely for me.

• Members

I believe that the break through that Bugera made with its 6260, 6262, and 333XL helped them make great improvements in quality, service, and reliabilty. I have owned the 6260, 333xl, V22, and V55. They were all great sounding amps. All had there weaknesses just like any other amp, whether it was a specific channel tone, reverb, flemsy knobs, whatever..

But, the V series is so much better then the older models in terms of quality and hopefully reliabilty. I never really had any problems with mine except 1 microphonic tube, and some tubes that need reseating after shipping. There customer service is really good. They answer their emails quickly and respond to your needs.

• Members

It's not wise to make statements when you don't know what you're talking about.

1a. After many months on the market, no one so far has been able to determine what the V series Bugera amps are copies of....because they have their own sound and don't appear to be a clone of anything. Original design by their R&D, it appears. Cosmetics of a Matchless or Bad Cat, but their own sound.

1b. Lee Ritenour is in the process of working with Bugera to design his signature amp. Again...R&D. Strike one...

2. I've called Bugera/Behringer customer service myself, as have others. Emails have been sent to them by others, with responses. Strike two...

3a. Bugera/Behringer owns their own factory in China (unlike other manufacturers who have amps MIC, like Marshall, Blackheart, Vox, Jet City, etc...).

3b. Bugera/Behringer has service centers all over the country, and word is from those who have used them, that repairs are taken care of in an expedient manner. Strike three...

You're out....

:p

Ha! I was just being facetious, answering gman3001's rhetorical question, but thanks for this little lesson. I love getting your fanboi hackles raised. Are you sure you don't work for Uli? :poke:

So, who knows, maybe they're turning over a new leaf. They've made tons of money from selling disposable electronics to musicians and sound guys who didn't know any better for years, and by stealing designs from dbx, Drawmer, Aphex, Mackie, BBE and Roland. So maybe now they're concentrating on putting out quality products and just charging bottomfeeder prices out of the kindness of their hearts. I hadn't realized that they bought all those low bidder plants and put them under one roof. That's forward thinking. They just recently purchased Midas and Klark Teknik, 2 of the most respected names in pro-audio. That's raised a lot of eyebrows in my circles. It's a new era for them, but that doesn't erase the company's past history.

And Lee Rittenour's a great guitarist, but since when is he an electrical engineer? :p

• Members

Ha! I was just being facetious, answering gman3001's rhetorical question, but thanks for this little lesson. I love getting your fanboi hackles raised. Are you sure you don't work for Uli? :poke:

So, who knows, maybe they're turning over a new leaf. They've made tons of money from selling disposable electronics to musicians and sound guys who didn't know any better for years,
and by stealing designs from dbx, Drawmer, Aphex, Mackie, BBE and Roland
. So maybe now they're concentrating on putting out quality products and just charging bottomfeeder prices out of the kindness of their hearts. I hadn't realized that they bought all those low bidder plants and put them under one roof. That's forward thinking. They just recently purchased Midas and Klark Teknik, 2 of the most respected names in pro-audio. That's raised a lot of eyebrows in my circles. It's a new era for them, but that doesn't erase the company's past history.

And Lee Rittenour's a great guitarist, but since when is he an electrical engineer?
:p

but stealing designs is perfectly ok when companies like marshall and soldano and mesa and everyone else does it, right? but when it's behringer, it's not ok.

Can someone please explain this line of reasoning to me?

btw, for the record, I'm not a fanboi of any company including behringer. I've had some behringer products that I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy. But I also won't disregard a great product from them just because some of their other ones aren't so great. All companies make some good and some bad products. Marshall, fender, mesa, etc...all make some good amps and some that are cheap pieces of overpriced junk that I wouldn't take if they paid me to.

The bugera amps, copies or not (and for the record, the V series doesn't seem to be a copy of anything, not that it matters) are some great amps and not just for the price. They are great amps in general, at least so far. If mine happens to crap out during a gig or fall apart as I'm taking it out of my car, I may change my mind and become an anti-bugera crusader for all I know. But so far I'm calling it for what it is.

• Members

Sorry to be the bad guy. I work in a music store and we no longer carry Bugera amps because of the horrible reliability. You WILL be paying repair bills, even you only use it at home. Good luck if you ever have to call the company, too. Sorry man. Imo, do not buy this amp.

• Members

Sorry to be the bad guy. I work in a music store and we no longer carry Bugera amps because of the horrible reliability. You WILL be paying repair bills, even you only use it at home. Good luck if you ever have to call the company, too. Sorry man. Imo, do not buy this amp.

Too late. I already have one and think it's pretty great. If it breaks then I take it to a tech and get it repaired. Will probably still be cheaper in the end than a more well known brand that may or may not be better or worse quality and still isn't guaranteed not to have to be repaired.

EDIT: FWIW reliability will be an issue with any tube amp.

• Members

Too late. I already have one and think it's pretty great. If it breaks then I take it to a tech and get it repaired. Will probably still be cheaper in the end than a more well known brand that may or may not be better or worse quality and still isn't guaranteed not to have to be repaired.

EDIT: FWIW reliability will be an issue with any tube amp.

All I'm saying is that I wouldn't buy one. Out of the 11 we sold at the store, 9 of them had issues within a month or two. The company was not very accomidating. As far as reliablitly being an issue with any tube amp, I disagree. My three main gigging amps never give me any issues. If you like your Bugera, great...Im just goin on personal experience.

Matchless DC/30-no issues...ever

Fender Twin Reverb reissue-no issues...ever

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe-no issues...ever

(I got the HR deluxe for 400.00 on eBay)

• Members

All I'm saying is that I wouldn't buy one. Out of the 11 we sold at the store, 9 of them had issues within a month or two. The company was not very accomidating. As far as reliablitly being an issue with any tube amp, I disagree. My three main gigging amps never give me any issues. If you like your Bugera, great...Im just goin on personal experience.

I've only played two so you have more experience than me. What I meant really to say is that any tube amp will require more care, will need to be serviced occasionally and will not hold up on the road as well as a well-built solid-state. Maybe I got lucky with mine but I've travelled quite a bit with it already (Once round trip from Boston MA to Syracuse NY), and have taken it to jams several times and so far so good. If it breaks down it gets taken to a tech and fixed for a few bones and will still be cheaper than a fender deville, or Vox AC15 which are also notoriously unreliable, twice as expensive and IMO don't sound much if any better. Jus' sayin'. Also, I had a good friend with a HR deluxe that gave him nothing but trouble.

• Members

The early amps had alot of issues, a couple of years ago. Since that time, they seem to be far more reliable. Curious as to when you sold the Bugera line and when you stopped.

The V22 got so popular not long ago that everyone was out, in the US and Europe and there was quite a wait while Bugera caught up to demand.

• Members

The early amps had alot of issues, a couple of years ago. Since that time, they seem to be far more reliable. Curious as to when you sold the Bugera line and when you stopped.

The V22 got so popular not long ago that everyone was out, in the US and Europe and there was quite a wait while Bugera caught up to demand.

actually they're still selling out of the V22 all the time. Every few days MF and M123 seem to sell out and put them on backorder.

• Members

As far as sound quality goes, they sound fine to me. Ive never used on stage with a band (thats how I really judge sound quality). Bugera has an amp for pretty much anyones style. The store I work in just stopped carrying the line about two months ago. Reliability, to me, is just as important as sound quality to me. If it breaks down on stage, yeah, you can get it fixed, but......just sayin man. I hope you're happy with your amp. For all I know, you may play that amp for 50 years and never have one single issue. Do you plan to travel with this amp?

• Members

For all I know, you may play that amp for 50 years and never have one single issue. Do you plan to travel with this amp?

Hopefully. I don't know if I'll be around in 50 years! It will probably need a tube change by then though :lol:. I have and will continue to travel with it. I'll keep y'all updated on how it is holding up.

• Members

Best bang for the Buck

replace the (FREE)footswitch =no reliability issues

Any tube amp will need repairs wether it goes out on stage or not, that is the nature of an amp the is burning bulbs rather than SS.

but this amp if the Bill is more than you want to pay you already got your monies worth out of it!

• Members

Matchless DC/30-no issues...ever

Fender Twin Reverb reissue-no issues...ever

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe-no issues...ever

(I got the HR deluxe for 400.00 on eBay)

No problem with any other tube amps??? This thread is a perfect example:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2581541

Now... I did buy a Bugera V22 and had an issue a little over a month of buying it.... socket and then Microphonic tube... I called bugera/ behringer, within 24 hours they email me and gave a RMA and the address to a close-by technician... took it, got it repaired, fast...

I do not know who did you talk to @ Bugera, but for me, besides the QC issues, bugera/ behringer is been good... and it SOUNDS GREAT!!!

Omar :thu:

• Members

^Im not tryin' to debate. Of course there are issues with other amps...just not as much as Bugera. That's awesome if you love your amp. Yes, they sound good.

Does it really matter? 99.9% of us won't have any of the gear we have now in a year anyway, and if we do, we will have bought something nicer that we like better (I'm only partially joking. Please don't get mad).

Cheers to all of you.

• Members

^Im not tryin' to debate. Of course there are issues with other amps...just not as much as Bugera. That's awesome if you love your amp. Yes, they sound good.

Does it really matter? 99.9% of us won't have any of the gear we have now in a year anyway, and if we do, we will have bought something nicer that we like better (I'm only partially joking. Please don't get mad).

Cheers to all of you.

I guess I will be in the .1 percentile. I have yet to sell a piece of gear I've bought although I do intend to give my MIM Tele and Crate V8 to my really good friend at some point soon. I don't know how long I'll have the Bugera around but it definitely seemms to be a keeper at this point. I know I'll never sell my '72 SFTR, my '81 LP XR1 or my Reverend Jetstream 390. Most likely will keep the rest too. I try to be somewhat informed before I buy something so I can get a good price and keep it. Not really interested in flipping. I can see why it would be fun but selling via CL and Ebay seems like more of a hassle than anything to me.

Archived