How long you been playing your #1?

ej

• Members

My faded SG Special was my first real guit, and has been my go to guitar for 3 years this month.

It's got some solid competition now, with my SG Classic, but I will never get rid of it and always get a smile when I play it.

I think I am going to return it to a two pickup setup and get some new pups for it, however.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

About 2 months, before that, about 2 years.

I'm hoping to build a couple guitars in the next year that will do everything I'll ever need, and I'm pretty excited about it. :thu: It's like finding a dependable, logical woman after messing around for years with psychotic whores with lots of problems.

• Members

My Strat's been my #1 since 2005, when I slapped a Warmoth SRV neck onto it. It totally woke that guitar up and it's been in my hands ever since.

Have to admit though that I'm starting to crave the warmth of humbuckers again, which means my Carvin could take the #1 spot.

• Members

I don't have my number one yet. I have it all planned out though.

Its going to be HSH setup with a floyd. I'm going to turn the neck pup into a single and add a sustainer. I'm also going to stick a synth pup on it and if possible i would like to put a piezo on it as well. It would be able to do everything. The hard part will be making it look good :freak:

• Members

Only about a year. It's an Electromatic Gretsch Bo Diddley model that I found super-cheap as b-stock and figured it would end up as a wallhanger/conversation piece.

As it turned out, it's a great little guitar that has a kitschy vibe and plays real well. It's a blast to play, in fact.

• Members
I don't have my number one yet. I have it all planned out though.

Its going to be HSH setup with a floyd. I'm going to turn the neck pup into a single and add a sustainer. I'm also going to stick a synth pup on it and if possible i would like to put a piezo on it as well. It would be able to do everything. The hard part will be making it look good
:freak:

I think you need this...
http://www.godinguitars.com/godinxtsap.htm

;)

• Members

My #1 favourite guitar, for all the obvious reasons, is my 1963 Strat (aka 'the Old Bastard) which I've had for just under 30 years.

My #1 working solidbody for standard-tuned stuff is a Custom Shop Jeff Beck sig Strat, which I've had for around four years.

My #1 solidbody slide guitar for open-A-tuned stuff is a dodgy-looking Ibanez Destroyer I've had since sometime in the early 1990s.

And my #1 acoustic slide guitar is the Ozark resonator in my avatar pic, which I've had for five or six years.

Four #1s -- for different jobs and different reasons.

Archived