Cheap humbucker advice?

Zeptallica13

• Members

Ive had my ol Santana se laying around for the last few years bc it needs a nut upgrade and is missing the bridge pickup and ive been too lazy to fix it. But I did like playing it and I dont have another guitar besides my strat so Im gonna fix it up maybe even do something to make it look cooler. So I need some suggestions for cheap, good sounding pickups. Somthing clear, warm, punchy, and rocks well. Ill probably go used bc its cheaper as well. I liked the sound of '57 Classics in one of my friends epi special. If I found a good deal on a set Id probably get them. Anything cheaper that I can get a Gibby type sound with? I like stuff like The Black Keys, My Morning Jacket, Kings of leon, and of course..Neil Young. What are some options? I play through a 71 super reverb if that makes a difference.. Thanks

• Members

Im pretty interested in tonerider pickups, anybody else have experience with them? I may be interested in the AC4 ones.

I had the AC4's in an Epi Sheraton and they sounded very good. Similar to an SD59 but with a little more life in them.

• Members

Toneriders are the best low price pups I've ever used. I like them better than lots of the high priced, popular pickups.

The Rocksong may be just waht you want.

http://www.tonerider.com/pickups/humbuckers.html

http://rhfactorguitars.mybisi.com/products/humbuckers?pagesize=40

+1 on the Rocksongs .I had them in a Dot I sold and everyone agreed just how good they were.I sold the Dot as its a bit big and heavy for me :mad: A lot of thought has gone into Tonerider ,They are not a generic pickup rebranded like GFS.Their P90's are good too and their Tele Hot classics are rapidly becoming classics.

• Members

GFS

Tonerider

Kent Armstrong

used Duncan or Dimarzio on ebay

I am lovin the Kent Armstrongs. Just over $70 shipped. Got the distortion / ultra distortion set. Not what OP is looking for, but they make others too, but I wouldn't know about those.

• Members

I had the AC4's in an Epi Sheraton and they sounded very good. Similar to an SD59 but with a little more life in them.

A4 mags can be sweet and the clips on RH Factor site sound good too, bonus points for using a nickel silver base plate. For $78 a set, I'd give them a go.

Archived