Chick Guitarists

JoeFatFish

• Members
She be rockin'
:thu:

Seriously! And I can't believe that I'm only just now hearing about her. She should be a household name at least as much as Mahalia Jackson and probably as much as Robert Johnson or Chuck Berry. Likely she would be, I guess, if she hadn't passed away so young. (Are you listening, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love her little 'smirks'.

:love:

She looks likes Councilor Troi from Star Trek the Next Generation :thu:

I can't believe it took 2 pages to get Heart mentioned.

And we can't forget the great Lori S. from Acid King, one of my favorite bands. Nothing flashy, no technical virtuosity, just tasty riffs and a fuzzed out tone that will crush you.

O6eNI3r2gEI

7_z5yvdTlQ0

and what about Wata from Boris? Beautiful, great taste in gear and can play -- again not technical, but tasteful and heavy.

wataboris.jpg

and Liz Buckingham from the mighty Electric Wizard, a monster guitarist - and she is super hot!

DSC07131.jpg

• Members

She had the best Gretsch tone i have ever heard in my life.

Just listen to those clips . . .

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=the+cramps

Yeah, she gets some awesome tonez out of that hollowbody, great chops, too. I've been checking out a lot of Cramps videos on youtube, for example,

[YOUTUBE]0F-Y69gGwGo[/YOUTUBE]

• Members
Seriously! And I can't believe that I'm only just now hearing about her. She should be a household name at least as much as Mahalia Jackson and probably as much as Robert Johnson or Chuck Berry. Likely she would be, I guess, if she hadn't passed away so young. (Are you listening, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?)

The internet is wonderful, rite? I first heard about her here @ HC, there were a couple threads made about her awhile ago.

• Members
The internet is wonderful, rite? I first heard about her here @ HC, there were a couple threads made about her awhile ago.

Yup, that's where I heard about her, too. You wade through the whole crap of the computer world--information overload, senseless email jokes, viruses, crashes, spam, your kid hooked on dumb Facebook games 24/7--and then stumble across information about something or someone you would have never learned about otherwise. Every once in a while the internet does live up to its promise! :thu:

• Members
Yup, that's where I heard about her, too. You wade through the whole crap of the computer world--information overload, senseless email jokes, viruses, crashes, spam, your kid hooked on dumb Facebook games 24/7--and then stumble across information about something or someone you would have never learned about otherwise. Every once in a while the internet does live up to its promise!

:lol::lol::lol:

internet_serious_business3.jpg

• Members

I don't see any disrespect, as I call my buds..buds or dudes. But maybe that is why I was called cave..dude?? HAHAHA!

Seriously, is the term "chick" (in this context) really disrespectful toward women? Any more than calling a male a "dude"?

What is the difference between saying "I saw this chick playing a mean guitar last night" and "I saw this dude playing a mean guitar last night"?

• Members

LOUSY ?

. . . she plays light years better than me - in the shreadding department anyways !

That may be, but her technique is mediocre, and her execution is sloppy at best. There are several female shredders out there who are very talented, such as Lori Linstruth and April Lawton, but The Great Kat is not one of them.

Her music is really fun, though, and I've enjoyed many of her speedy little pieces, but I do not feel she's good enough to be mentioned in this thread. Hell, even Jacqueline Mannering is better, and she's not very good.

• Members
Took this shot at a show last week

FieldsofFur2.jpg

I like it. cute chick too!

as for joan jett, I really like young joan jett. what a firecracker, some fun songs too. I hate to be someone to tell someone when to stop rocking but I think aging joan jett isn't as much for me as the older stuff.

Archived