Large Guitar Co With The Best Q/C

Bbreaker

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know they aren't known for electrics, but I think Taylor has incredible QC. Although I've never owned one, I have yet to pick one up in a store that isn't perfect in terms of fit, finish, action, and any other measure I can devise. I have yet to see one of their electrics in person, but I can't imagine they aren't the same.

• Members

Lots of good ones out there, but my money is on MusicMan. Consistent fit, finish, playability, and killer sound strait from the box.
And because videos are always fun ... a little Joe Bonamassa rockn out one of his MusicMan's

[YOUTUBE]kghvKtRMKYA[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I say Hamer USA, but I don't know if they qualify as big.

Probably the best QC of any "production" guitar, but I don't think they can be considered big. Only about a dozen people who ever touch the instruments. Not sure how many admin/sales types, but not many.

• Members

I'm gonna say Yamaha as well. I own a lot of Yamaha products (boat motor, Drum set, Grizzly 400 4X4, studio monitors) and the quality is consistant accross the board. I used to work at a store that sold Yamaha guitars, and I don't think in the 2 years I worked there we ever received a lemon.

• Members

I know they aren't known for electrics, but I think Taylor has incredible QC. Although I've never owned one, I have yet to pick one up in a store that isn't perfect in terms of fit, finish, action, and any other measure I can devise. I have yet to see one of their electrics in person, but I can't imagine they aren't the same.

I agree with that for sure. And they definitely make enough guitars that you consider them "big". G&L is really good - they're certainly not big like Fender, Gibson, or Ibanez, but they're not exactly small either. There's a lot of G&Ls out there. Hamer USA is great but the really only make a handful of guitars per week. I really view Hamer as a boutique more than anything.

I have generally found Ibanez makes solid, quality guitars across the price ranges. Fujigen gets a lot of talk but my experience playing/owning Prestige Ibanez is that they are certainly good but I don't see anything particularly amazing about the guitars coming out of that factory.

Archived