NG&LD: New G&L Asat day!! (CLIPZZZ!)

scud133

• Members

Thar she blows.... HCEG, we need to come up with a good name for it. :p

2d6qu08.jpg

G&L ASAT Classic

So.... I'm still in the first 24 hrs of having this thing. But so far my favorite part is the neck --- it's a soft V shape and it fits my hand perfectly. Especially anytime you position your thumb on the back of the neck, it's like there's a little ledge there for your thumb to rest on.

Another thing that really impressed me were the tuners (heh). I've never had a guitar with high-ratio locking tuners before, and holy crap are they smooth and so precise. So much easier to get in tune quickly. It's the little things in life, right?? :idk:

Clips below v v v v v

• Members

Clippage

These are straight into a Princeton Reverb, tracked with an SM57. I recorded a lot of higher gain clips, but I wasn't at all happy with them so I'm going to add those later when I have a chance to re-record. (practical recording lesson #1: just because the mic position sounds alright for cleans, it's probably not going to sound as good for high gain stuff :freak:)

• Members

Congrats, scud

It sounds fantastic...like a G&L should.

You'll either never want another guitar or will buy a bunch more G&Ls. ;-)

Where did you get it from?

Welcome to the club.

I looked forever to find one that was black w/white binding and it just never came up. so finally i caved and had PGS order it for me :o

• Members

I should add that G&L makes a truly unique and super high quality product. If, like me, you find yourself finding that your ASAT fits you like a glove; you will never need another guitar:)

I got my ASAT Classic Bluesboy three years ago and have yet to find a guitar that suits my playing better.

• Members

Does the MFD bridge pickup retain clarity under high gain? I hear its a higher output single coil.

well it's too late to find out right now (apartment living). it's certainly hotter than any alnico-pup single coils i have, so that's a good question

:idk:

Archived