I got Tele GAS...show me some pics!

jr_vw2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How do you like the lil 59? How is it compaired to the regular 59? Thanks

I really like it. I put in a push/pull volume pot to tap the coil so it's extremely versatile. The single coil sound is a little darker than a stock tele pickup but it still gives a little bit of twang. The humbucker sound is great as well.

• Members

I was thinking about the lil 59 or the jb jr.

My sunburst tele (first photo in the thread) has a lil 59 in the bridge and a JB Jr in the neck. I really like the lil 59. It a lot of the "meat" of a PAF HB pickup, but retains some of that classic edginess of the Tele bridge pickup. I think it's a great sounding guitar. As for the JB Jr, they don't make one to fit a Tele bridge.

• Members

neck mate
:thu:

Otherwise it is bloody perfect
:love:

Is that a Roadworn neck on that Tele ?

Or did you pimp up a Joe Strummer model ?

Thanks! Although I'm more partial to the maple neck on this one. I am planning on building another one though with a rosewood neck and double bound sunburst body.

As for the tele, it's a Road worn neck on a H1 body with the hardware purchased from Mark Jenny and RS guitarworks.

• Members

Thanks! Although I'm more partial to the maple neck on this one. I am planning on building another one though with a rosewood neck and double bound sunburst body.

As for the tele, it's a Road worn neck on a H1 body with the hardware purchased from Mark Jenny and RS guitarworks.

Great.

Think it is time to build myself a partscaster Tele.

• Members

this is my 2009 mim tele in midnight wine, which is a fantastic specimen and this color is highly recommended too. you get away with having something that looks almost black in some light but almost red in others.

stock:

mimlola.jpg

with a duncan little 59 and a gfs fatbody:

fatbody1.jpg

with a duncan mini humbucker:

mimduncans2.jpg

• Members

Well I went back to see that tele today. And I decided not to pull the trigger. It is wine in color and has a white pickgaurd, im just not feeling it. I dont want to just get any old tele I want to get one that I really like. Which I was really torn about because this guitar is in GREAT shape and onle $219. I could probably talk them into $200 out the door. But then I would put better pots in it and different pickups.

I have decided to just build a tele in stead. But I am loving all the tele pics...Keep em comin!!

Archived