bugewra V22

stewiesguitar

• Members

you are definitely in the minority with your opinions about the palomino. They are highly regarded as being great amps even by the corksniffer crowd. The problems you mentioned like heat and tube rattle are very common among pretty much every tube combo. When you put an amp filled with tubes and other components in the same cabinet as a speaker that's causing all kinds of vibrations, you're bound to get something rattling in there. And yeah, they run hot...so what? It's a tube amp. That's what they do. I had more problems with my peavey classic 30 which is regarded as a rock solid amp than I ever have with my palominos.

As for the bugeras, the only negative opinions people seem to have of them is because of the undeserved bias some people have (you included, as you admitted on another thread) against all things behringer. They're worried about the reliability and long term durability of them. If you don't like the tone that's one thing but to write them off as pieces of crap is an undeserved criticism, at least at this point in time. If in a couple of years they all start falling apart and catching fire and breaking down, then I'll be the first one to grab my pitchfork and start trashing them for being crap but right now, they haven't been around long enough to say one way or another.

But even the corksniffer crowd seems to agree that the bugera V22 at least has great tone. They may be a bit put off by the inexpensive price or by their inherent bias against behringer but the number of people who don't like its tone is definitely the minority.

Dude, how many times are we gonna go round and round on this? I do not like Behringer...I'm not insulting your momma...let it go... :thu:

Keep playing it...hope it lasts you 20 years...you can buy all the Bugeras and Crates you want...I just do not care for them. Please...just keep doing what you do, and let's just agree to disagree...one last time...:wave:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

im wondering now, if a 4x12 cab has speaker that run at 4ohms, would you set it up at 4 ohms or 16 ohms?

im pretty new at this.

The lowest the amp is rated at is 4 ohms so you wouldn't be able to use a 4 ohm cab in addition to the internal speaker. If you used an 8ohm cab, you would set the amp for 4 ohms. Two 8 ohm cabs in parallel will give you a 4 ohm load.

• Members

The lowest the amp is rated at is 4 ohms so you wouldn't be able to use a 4 ohm cab in addition to the internal speaker. If you used an 8ohm cab, you would set the amp for 4 ohms. Two 8 ohm cabs in parallel will give you a 4 ohm load.

i mean if you unhooked the stock speaker, and you had a cab (lets say a 2x10 where the speakers are rated at 4ohms a piece) would you have the amp set for 4 ohms or 8 ohms?

• Members

i mean if you unhooked the stock speaker, and you had a cab (lets say a 2x10 where the speakers are rated at 4ohms a piece) would you have the amp set for 4 ohms or 8 ohms?

If you had a 2x10 cab with two 4 ohm speakers, the cab will probably be 8ohm so if you disconnect the V22's internal speaker and run just the extension cab, you would set it for 8 ohm.

• Members

from what I've read, they've narrowed the problem down to a small voltage regulator that's out of spec and switches off before it reaches the temperature it's supposed to be rated at.

Thanks. Seems like it is the reverb going on/off on mine---intermittently. Haven't noticed the channel-switching thing.

• Members

Thanks. Seems like it is the reverb going on/off on mine---intermittently. Haven't noticed the channel-switching thing.

Logic tells me there's two of those controller doohickies. One for the Channel, and onr for the reverb. If there's a problem with the one, there's sure to be a problem with the other. I've not had the problem with either of my V series amps. If I do I think I'll do a vent on top fo my cabs and be done with it. I bet letting a bit of the heat escape out of the top will cool things down a bit unless the things are grossly out of spec.

• Members
Dude, how many times are we gonna go round and round on this? I do not like Behringer...I'm not insulting your momma...let it go...
:thu:

Keep playing it...hope it lasts you 20 years...you can buy all the Bugeras and Crates you want...I just do not care for them. Please...just keep doing what you do, and let's just agree to disagree...one last time...
:wave:

Gotcha and your point is taken. You don't care for behringer or their Bugera subsidiary. And you have gone through some excellently reputable amps of late. If you sent those big name amps back..... What's your criteria for a keeper? I only ask because I DO have a real interest in all things guitar and amp. And from what I've heard of your clips and stuff we have similar tastes and playing abilities. I'd hope to see what you settle on and consider that amp for myself. I noticed you recentely got one of those newer AC15s. The demos of both those and the AC 30s are just beautiful. I'm fighting gas real hard right now because of you and I think the gass is going to win:mad:
But I'll get a great amp out of the deal if the AC15 comes into my harem. I'm sure it'd be an amp I'd keep forever.

• Members

Gotcha and your point is taken. You don't care for behringer or their Bugera subsidiary. And you have gone through some excellently reputable amps of late. If you sent those big name amps back..... What's your criteria for a keeper? I only ask because I DO have a real interest in all things guitar and amp. And from what I've heard of your clips and stuff we have similar tastes and playing abilities. I'd hope to see what you settle on and consider that amp for myself. I noticed you recentely got one of those newer AC15s. The demos of both those and the AC 30s are just beautiful. I'm fighting gas real hard right now because of you and I think the gass is going to win:mad:

But I'll get a great amp out of the deal if the AC15 comes into my harem. I'm sure it'd be an amp I'd keep forever.

i was having a hard time getting any overdrive at all on the AC15. when i went to GC the other day, i went in specifically to play with that amp. and the cleans are pretty good but i couldnt get any overdriven sound out of it.

that when i passed by the V22 and remembered my friends recommendation for it. so i plugged it in and love the clean sound on it. very clear and fendery. so i put it on the dirty channel and loved the bluesy overdrive i was getting out of it.

• Members

I have not taken any amps back...except the Super Champ, and that was due to some issues with the amp itself...

Loved the Hot Rod's cleans, but didn't like having to have a pedalboard to get any distortion out of it. Nothing wrong with my AC50...it's just so big that I never take it out of my house. I would have kept all of the amps if my budget would allow. But...have to sell one to get a new one. The AC15 is awesome, as it's large enough to use in a band setting, but small enough to move around easily. I've had no problems getting overdrive out of it, with both single-coils and humbuckers. :idk:

I played with it live this morning with my Tele...and it just sounded so sweet. I'm a sucker for Vox tone...and this amp has it in spades. However, I know it will not be everyone's cup of tea. It fits the niche I play in to a "T."

Really, a "keeper" for me is that it needs to match up well with my guitars, and sit well in the mix with the bands I play with. The Fenders and Voxes seem to do that better than most of the others. My Marshall is great, as well...and does rock tones very well. Also needs to be fairly portable, but have nice volume/tone. Also needs to have a nice overdrive/distortion.

• Members

i was having a hard time getting any overdrive at all on the AC15. when i went to GC the other day, i went in specifically to play with that amp. and the cleans are pretty good but i couldnt get any overdriven sound out of it.

that when i passed by the V22 and remembered my friends recommendation for it. so i plugged it in and love the clean sound on it. very clear and fendery. so i put it on the dirty channel and loved the bluesy overdrive i was getting out of it.

were you plugged into the regular or the top boost channel?

• Members

I played with it live this morning with my Tele...and it just sounded so sweet. I'm a sucker for Vox tone...and this amp has it in spades. However, I know it will not be everyone's cup of tea. It fits the niche I play in to a "T."

Amen to that Vox tone is unmatched!!! :love:

• Members

Shootout between the Bugera V22 and the Vox AC15...

you be the judge...

Omar
:thu:

in my humble opinion, that video doesn't do any justice to the V22. Had I gone based on that vid alone I probably wouldn't have bought it. Compared to how it sounds live, in that vid it sounds like there's a blanket over it and a little boomy on the bass side.

Anyway, when I first heard that vid I wasn't too impressed. Then I played the amp in person and was like WTF???? This almost doesn't even sound like the same amp!!! If you want a better example check out jhall's videos of it.

btw, if you like the way the amp sounds in this vid I think you're going to be floored when you hear it in person.

• Members

in my humble opinion, that video doesn't do any justice to the V22. Had I gone based on that vid alone I probably wouldn't have bought it. Compared to how it sounds live, in that vid it sounds like there's a blanket over it and a little boomy on the bass side.

Anyway, when I first heard that vid I wasn't too impressed. Then I played the amp in person and was like WTF???? This almost doesn't even sound like the same amp!!! If you want a better example check out jhall's videos of it.

btw, if you like the way the amp sounds in this vid I think you're going to be floored when you hear it in person.

true, but it is a good starting point... when I first watched this video I was curious of the V22, which helped me research and found out the great potential of that inexpensive (based on features) amp...

btw. I got it $279 out the door last september at GC... at the time, there wasn't that many videos of it...

Omar :thu:

• Members

what about another good amp for me to look at in around the same price range?

If you're sticking to around $350 as your budget, I would definitely go used. Your $ will go a lot further that way. Scanning Musician's Fiend, there's not a lot in your range. A couple of Peavey offerings that I'd definitely try out. But if you take a look on ebay or your local Craigslist, you'll see that you have a lot more options available to you. Yes, you might be taking a risk buying used, but from the sounds of it, you might be taking a risk buying new if you go for the Bugera.

• Members
If you're sticking to around $350 as your budget, I would definitely go used. Your $ will go a lot further that way. Scanning Musician's Fiend, there's not a lot in your range. A couple of Peavey offerings that I'd definitely try out. But if you take a look on ebay or your local Craigslist, you'll see that you have a lot more options available to you. Yes, you might be taking a risk buying used,
but from the sounds of it, you might be taking a risk
buying new if you go for the Bugera.

:facepalm:

Archived