bugewra V22

stewiesguitar

• Members

i tested this amp along with a Vox AC15C1 and a AC4TV and i really like the tone of it.

the clean was nice and clear and very fenderlike. and the gain was a nice blues crunch.

but i play a lot of different style from oldies to classic rock to metal. how wouls this amp take to a nice distortion pedal?

i cant really see the price difference between the the AC15C1 and the Bugera V22.

im serously thinking about taking a chance on one of these amps.

what say you?

edit on the subject- bugera V22

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly bro...if you can't tell the difference between an AC15 and that V22...you might as well get the Bugera...

I obviously think the AC15 Custom is worlds better...but each person's ear is a bit different. Now, I'm also not a huge fan of the AC4tv...but it's a completely different amp than the other two.

• Members

when i played the AC15C1, an i had harder time getting it dirty.

but i like the 2 channels on the Bugera. very nice tones. but today was the first time i tried both of them. and i wasn't even considering the V22 at first. i was very pleasantly surprised.

for half the price i cant get my head around it.

• Members

Honestly bro...if you can't tell the difference between an AC15 and that V22...you might as well get the Bugera...

I obviously think the AC15 Custom is worlds better...but each person's ear is a bit different. Now, I'm also not a huge fan of the AC4tv...but it's a completely different amp than the other two.

well im 19 and only have been playing for a year and a half. so i dont really have a full ear on everything.

but the cleans on the bugera to me sound very nice and fendery.

the gain channel was a great blues sound. (i play blues and classic rock mostly) but i like the have the range of high gain like metal as well. that why i was thinking about a pedal.

• Members

I don't think the v22 can give you those real vox tones, but it can definitely do a pretty good variety. the presence makes a big diff in sound, bigger than usual, and the boost switch as well makes the whole thing sound COMPLETELY different. so really, it can spit out a bunch of different sounds. 22 watts is a good range too since you can use it in the bedroom and it can keep up with a drummer, and if you have it cranked for a drummer/small-medium gigs you get the great tube pumpin' sounds. compare that to something like a hot rod deville which will overpower the entire city block without breaking a sweat. (don't get me wrong, I love HRDs, but you really have to turn the city into rubble to get the really sweet tube saturated sounds out of it. :) )

• Members

Yeah, I mean for a first tube amp it probably wouldn't be too bad. I think it's probably kinda like a Crate Palomino...tones are pretty good...until you really experience a better amp, and/or your ear develops a bit and you begin to really know what type of sound you want out of an amp. With most (myself as a good example) of us it's an on-going and ever-evolving process.

So, if that's what you've got the cash for, and it does what you want it to...go for it!

• Members

i have a Crate V18. and though you get the tube sound(which is great, i dont really care for the sound of the amp overall.

last year i got a Vox valvetronix and its very versatile, but i dont think im bonding with it as much as i would like.

I dont really have that much money to spend, and i wont be able to guy anything for a couple of months, but im trying to get my research done now.

thats why i thought this would be a good alternative.

unless i can get another great tube amp for a very limited amount of money.

• Members

Both are very good amps. You should go with the one that you feel has the best cleans, and if you're going to need volume, which has the most clean headroom. You can always add dirt to an amp, but you can't add cleans.

The V series Bugeras take pedals extremely well, btw. Not sure about the Vox.

• Members

I tried a Bugera 6260 combo yesterday. I was pleasantly impressed from the short time I spent with it. If Bugera proves reliable in the long run, I think they seem like a pretty good value.

As for the Crate Palomino comment, I think those are good amps. I've been playing for over 20 years and have some GREAT tube amps (vintage Marshalls and a Mesa Maverick), but the Palomino fills a niche in my stable (as a practice amp). That said, I still really want a Vox AC15 or 30.

• Members

I've been playing for 15 years and I have some well-regarded amps in my Twin Reverb and Vox AC30. I picked up the Bugera V22 to fit the bill of a more portable 1x12 combo. I think it's a great amp regardless of price. I see it more as an amp a beginner would grow into as opposed to grow out of because it is really versatile. As your ear develops you will figure out how to tweak different tones you want out of it. Just like any gear there will be lovers and haters. Learn to trust your own ear regardless of how much other people praise or criticize it. My opinion is that it's a great option for you. It should serve you well for a long time.

• Members

One of the best things about the V22 and V55 is that the tonal adjustments available are so sensitive to change. With alot of amps, adjusting bass, mids, treble, presence, channel vols, etc, does not have any substantial effect of the sound, but the Bugeras are very tweakable to allow for many different tonal flavors from the amps.

• Members

One of the best things about the V22 and V55 is that the tonal adjustments available are so sensitive to change. With alot of amps, adjusting bass, mids, treble, presence, channel vols, etc, does not have any substantial effect of the sound, but the Bugeras are very tweakable to allow for many different tonal flavors from the amps.

Yes. :thu:

• Members

I've been playing for 15 years and I have some well-regarded amps in my Twin Reverb and Vox AC30. I picked up the Bugera V22 to fit the bill of a more portable 1x12 combo. I think it's a great amp regardless of price. I see it more as an amp a beginner would grow into as opposed to grow out of because it is really versatile. As your ear develops you will figure out how to tweak different tones you want out of it. Just like any gear there will be lovers and haters.
Learn to trust your own ear regardless of
how much other people praise or criticize it.
My opinion is that it's a great option for you. It should serve you well for a long time.

Cant stress this more myself. I bought a peavey vyper based on hype.. ( I NEED a modeling amp..... NOT) and I absolutely HATE the thing ( No disrespect to those who might actually like the thing... it's just not the amp for me..) I dropped the coin on a V55, and plugged into my old crappy peavey 4x12, freaking ROCKS... and as has been said, takes pedals very nicely..! Bottom line, get what sounds good to YOU, and screw any naysayers...

• Members

for half the price i cant get my head around it.

Just because an amp looks good or even sounds good, does not mean it's well made. Now I'm not saying that this particular piece is or is not (you can do your own research), but you might suspect that for that much less than even other comparable "bargain brand" tube amps, they might have cut some corners in it's construction. This amp could give you years of playing enjoyment and turn out to be a great value. Or it could fail on you in a year.

• Members

My V-22 and V-55H are the best amps for me that I've EVER bought.

I also just bought an Egnater Rebel-30 head and If I could only keep one amp it'd be the V-22 without hesitation. I don't even care if it croaks in a year. (any problems before that ant it's under warantee) I'd buy another in a heartbeat. $350.00 a year for THAT tone is worth every penny in my book.

After a year if the amp is still working well, then it's all just bonus time.

As for the V-55 its just an awsome amp with an authority that's hard to match. The reason I'd take the V-22 if forced to choose is NOT because of tone (they both posses it in spades) but because on top of my 4x12 I can keep the V-22 at the magic 7 on all the volume knobs and gain knob to taste and though it's very loud, it's still in my comfort range hearing-wise in my studio. The V-55 is just a tad too loud and it actually seems there's less clean headroom on it believe it or not ( May be tube related for all I know).

I've got a lot of amps and pedals and tons of equipment. Have been a guitar player for nearly fourty years (like that means anything) and I can say that the Bugera V series amps are the real deal. If you tried it and didn't like it there's a couple of possibilities: It's not your sound so you will never like it nor be talked into liking it. It has tubes in it from the fatory that aren't doing the amp justice (my V-22 had one very slightly microphonic pre tube that when changed made all the difference). Or you didn't turn it up to the magic bloom level that it sounds best at. In a music store 7-7-7 is VERY loud.

Also there is always the possibility that even though this amp sounds like tone heaven to me when I'm in the room with it, It ay NOT translate to a recorded mix as well as I'd like. I don't know. I tend to find when recording the guitar likes to be a bit brighter to mix in than I like to hear it while I'm acually physycally plying it. Therefore there is a very good possibility the amp sounds like ass recorded. Most of the Marshalls I've played sounded like nasaly {censored} when I played them but a hell of a lot of the music that's considered to be that Amazing Marshall one was recored with them so.....

• Members

My V-22 and V-55H are the best amps for me that I've EVER bought.

I also just bought an Egnater Rebel-30 head and If I could only keep one amp it'd be the V-22 without hesitation. I don't even care if it croaks in a year. (any problems before that ant it's under warantee) I'd buy another in a heartbeat. $350.00 a year for THAT tone is worth every penny in my book.

After a year if the amp is still working well, then it's all just bonus time.

As for the V-55 its just an awsome amp with an authority that's hard to match. The reason I'd take the V-22 if forced to choose is NOT because of tone (they both posses it in spades) but because on top of my 4x12 I can keep the V-22 at the magic 7 on all the volume knobs and gain knob to taste and though it's very loud, it's still in my comfort range hearing-wise in my studio. The V-55 is just a tad too loud and it actually seems there's less clean headroom on it believe it or not ( May be tube related for all I know).

I've got a lot of amps and pedals and tons of equipment. Have been a guitar player for nearly fourty years (like that means anything) and I can say that the Bugera V series amps are the real deal. If you tried it and didn't like it there's a couple of possibilities: It's not your sound so you will never like it nor be talked into liking it. It has tubes in it from the fatory that aren't doing the amp justice (my V-22 had one very slightly microphonic pre tube that when changed made all the difference). Or you didn't turn it up to the magic bloom level that it sounds best at. In a music store 7-7-7 is VERY loud.

Also there is always the possibility that even though this amp sounds like tone heaven to me when I'm in the room with it, It ay NOT translate to a recorded mix as well as I'd like. I don't know. I tend to find when recording the guitar likes to be a bit brighter to mix in than I like to hear it while I'm acually physycally plying it. Therefore there is a very good possibility the amp sounds like ass recorded. Most of the Marshalls I've played sounded like nasaly {censored} when I played them but a hell of a lot of the music that's considered to be that Amazing Marshall one was recored with them so.....

Is it expensive? No. Therefore it has to be crap. Q.E.D.

(At least in some posters' world, but nothing surprising.)

• Members

Yeah, I mean for a first tube amp it probably wouldn't be too bad. I think it's probably kinda like a Crate Palomino...tones are pretty good...until you really experience a better amp, and/or your ear develops a bit and you begin to really know what type of sound you want out of an amp. With most (myself as a good example) of us it's an on-going and ever-evolving process.

So, if that's what you've got the cash for, and it does what you want it to...go for it!

I've been playing for 20+ years and have gone through quite a few tube amps including palominos. I've played through quite a few more.

The bugera is a great sounding amp no matter how long you've been playing. As for the palomino comment....just...lol. The palominos are great amps and are widely recognized as being such. I have two, a head and a combo and have no intention of getting rid of them. I like my palominos (and my bugera) better than a lot of much more expensive amps like mesas and marshalls. After 20+ years I'd say that my ear is pretty well developed and I like the palomino and bugera's tones more than a lot of expensive amps...so to the OP I'd say take opinions for what they are...opinions.

• Members

Just because an amp looks good or even sounds good, does not mean it's well made. Now I'm not saying that this particular piece is or is not (you can do your own research), but you might suspect that for that much less than even other comparable "bargain brand" tube amps, they might have cut some corners in it's construction. This amp could give you years of playing enjoyment and turn out to be a great value. Or it could fail on you in a year.

I don't care how well made an amp is, if it doesn't sound good to me it's worthless. I'd rather pay 300 bucks for an amp that's built just ok but sounds great and is very versatile than pay 1200 bucks for an amp that's built like a tank but sounds like ass. Then again, that's just me......

btw, a lot of the bugera naysayers have admitted before on other threads that they have an inherent bias towards bugera/behringer products so take that into account also. There are people who for whatever reason have something against behringer. I think the main reason for it is that they accuse behringer of stealing other company's designs and putting out cheaper clones of their products. Ironically, some of them are fans of companies like marshall who stole designs from fender, soldano who stole designs from marshall, and tons of boutique amp builders who do nothing more than make clones of marshall and fender amps.

Granted, there are some legitimate criticisms of behringer - not all of their products are great and some are actually pretty crappy but if you look at each product on its own merits, you can evaluate them for what they are. I have a behringer PA amp that works great, I have a behringer mixer that so far has been fine, I have a bugera amp that is outstanding. I also have a behringer reverb pedal that sounds great but sucks tone when run in an fx loop...so..I take each product at face value.

Archived