Can these be fixed?

jr_vw2

• Members

I would be surprised if at least one of those couldn't be fixed!

As for backbow, most truss rods don't adjust to correct that - instead relying on the string tension to pull the neck forward. Wouldn't know until it was mounted and strung up how bad it was. At that point you could experiment with a heavier string gauge to apply more pressure as well.

If that all fails I'm sure there are methods of fixing it off the guitar in some sort of special made vice.

Beautiful looking necks - wonder what they will go for????

• Members

I feel like there should be a way to fix them. How, I am not entirely sure. But I guess you could verify if there are in fact dual action truss rods in there. If they are just single action then maybe some strings can pull them straight: depends on the amount of bow really.

• Members

sure they can......heat press......seen a dozen of them fixed.....nearest place to me that is a Fender AND Gibson authorized repair/restoration shop is Lays in Akron, Ohio.....i've personally had them work on a few things.....they're one of the best in the country.....which is WHY they're a Fender and Gibson authorized restoration shop. :thu::thu:

http://www.laysguitar.com/

Archived