recomend me a good boost to try.

jr_vw2

• Members

I have never tried boosting my signal before but I want to give it a whirl. A buddy of mine is going to let me use his ts-9 tomorrow. Any others I should consider. I dont want something that is going to muddy up my signal. I just want something that will kick my gain up. Thanks

• Members

I use the Visual Sound Route 808 and it is extrememly versatile. It has a bass boost switch, which really should be named the mid boost switch. With the boost on it's pretty much just a clean signal boost like a boosta grand or a lpb-1. With the bass boost off, the circuit is supposed to be a TS-808 with that nice mid range hump. One pedal and you get the best of both worlds. Very well made.

• Members

Snarling Dogs Vari-Tone. They are out of production but you can find them used. I just got one for $25 off CL. Can be set uncolored or with different preset filters and attack. The best I've ever used. Blows away my Boosta Grande

• Members

I have an Xotic BB for special situations with non-Diezel amps and it has a very organic tone, can boost clean or add distortion to the sound as well.
The distortion is a tubey type and not at all harsh. The BB has treble, bass, gain and volume dials on it.

• Members

I have the toadworks meat jr. Its quite nice, hand made in the us, sounds great, has a switch that when engaged gives you a touch more low end (its labeled "fat") and I would venture a wild claim that it has zero tone coloration. (Unless of course you turn on the fat... then it has more lows) true bypass, 9v, small footprint, will last forever and if it breaks you got a free one a comin.

But I would like to plus one the mi audio boost n buff, when its off, its a buffer, which is good if ya use lotsa pedals, un-necessary if you don't.

Archived