Your fav Les Paul colour w black active pick ups ?

SirJackdeFuzz

• Members

Guys, this is purely an "aesthetically pleasing" type of question.

If you can choose any LP finnish, but the guitar must come w the smoofff black EMG or BlackOut actives, which colour LP would you choose to go with black humbuckers ?

Me, i like the Dark Wine Red on a Les Paul to match the black actives.

http://www.supafish.com/EMG%20gibson%20002.jpg

http://guitarsasart.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/EMG_78_Les_Paul.326143922.jpg

baby.jpg

NOW U !

Feel Free to post pics :thu:

• Members

OP's LP is great looking!

Here's my Eclipse II. I'm not particularly fond of flashy quilt tops, but I think that it works with this subtle burst (ESP calls it "Aged Cherry Burst"). It's even less noticeable with indirect light; you have to look hard to see the quilt against the dark color of the maple top.

eclipse7.jpg

Edit: By the way, I think that my Eclipse might look really sweet with the new chrome pickup covers:-)

81_silver.jpg

eclipse6.jpg

• Members

Post pics when you are done w it
:thu:

I think my LPC has a busted truss rod. It plays good as is, the neck is very flat. I had it strung with 11s for about a year with no movement in the neck. but I'm worried in the long run it's going to need adjustment, then it's going to be useless.

So I'm debating what I want to do with it. Do I drop the money on hardware and electronics... or try and sell it with the broken truss rod? I'm too nice to try and sell it without telling the buyer what's wrong with it, and I don't have the ability to fix it currently.

• Members

They have a purpose, just like any other pickup. If your running high gain and or a very large pedalboard/ long cables, they can make sense. Some people dig them clean and low gain too though.

I tend to shy away from them, but I'm a minimalist most of the time, with low gain. I'd like to get a guitar with a set, or put in a set, just because all my stuff is geared toward vintage tones and I'd like something more contemporary.

• Members

Black. Duh.

43525_l.jpg

That's it right there. Perfect. If you're going to have a metal machine with EMGs then it may as well look mean. That GOM was the ticket.

Then wine red and the white should have passive pickups in them. EMGs look out of place in any other than the black to me.

Archived