NGD - Historic Les Paul R0

thehikingdude

• Members

About 2 hours ago I opened a box to find this inside. It's a 2008 R0 that is all stock to the best of my knowledge. I won't bore you with the specs. If you are here you likely know them a lot better than I do. The last time I owned a LP was in 1981, that was a LP Custom Blackie. Hope to find some pics of it sometime.

Now for the R0. The finish is interesting on this one. Both the color and the flames change dramatically depending on the light and the angle.

817888570_hAwv3-X2-1.jpg

817887991_Aq5Rz-X2.jpg

817887382_zuGUW-XL.jpg

817885422_4geHA-XL.jpg

817888270_BbXE7-X2-1.jpg

817886713_qsVGp-X2.jpg

• Members

Is that a lemon? honey? Either way I like the finish and color. 4 paws up from Lamb Chop my white german shepard.

- w

Thanks everybody!

I wish I knew what the finish was. Some have guessed Iced Tea, others Sunrise Teaburst. I've emailed Gibson in hopes that they can look up the serial number and let me know.

• Members

Wowza, that is HOT. Congrats on getting a hell of a fine looking LP.

My honey burst is more tan/brown on the edges and a little more yellow than that. Maybe washed cherry or one of the 50 other bursts they have these days. Kind of looks like that brockburst color I lusted over for some time.

• Members

Sweet guitar, an R0 is high on my list of things I want to buy soon.

I think you'll get spoiled and never like anything but Custom Shop guitars from Gibson after this, there is such a huge difference in them and the regular USA production line.

Archived