I love trash day!

newbuilder

• Members

A buddy of mine mentioned throwing a guitar away at a buddies house cleaning out the garage...and I said, you did what? He said piece of {censored}...I said, wtf, let's go before the trash man gets there.

They even pulled the frets for me. So I can start sanding and playing right away. This is an as money project so could be a week or a year, but it will be a badass strat one day....oh yes, badass indeed:lol:

001-46.jpg

002-45.jpg

003-43.jpg

• Members

One mans trash....

I woulda grabbed it too. I can see the potential in there.

What's the body made of?

I could have waited, this is gonna be its own thread...as far as the wood, it's light as hell and is a two piece body although pretty damn well matched.

Could be paulowanawanaio:idk:

Real soft...I like the grain and very light.

005-33.jpg

006-26.jpg

004-40.jpg

• Members

Not a bad neck or body honestly.

Some nice stainless steel frets,tunes and a loaded pickguard and you should have a quite useable partsocaster.

Congrats.

I agree. Not a loaded pickguard, a brass one...I didn't mind my last GFS prewired, but it wasn't great either...this one is gonna rawk:rawk:

• Members

We have an annual trash day here (Santa Clara) where folks can put anything out and they come with loaders to take it away, but I've never seen any guitars or amps being put out on the curb. Of course, there're a bunch of scavengers in pick-em-up trucks who go out cruising during this time, so if there was anything worthwhile, I'd probably have to fight for it!

Anyway -- looks like a great find. You suck!!! :mad:

• Members

We have an annual trash day here (Santa Clara) where folks can put anything out and they come with loaders to take it away, but I've never seen any guitars or amps being put out on the curb. Of course, there're a bunch of scavengers in pick-em-up trucks who go out cruising during this time, so if there was anything worthwhile, I'd probably have to fight for it!

Anyway -- looks like a great find. You suck!!!
:mad:

How do you get rid your trash the other 364 days?

• Members

Nice Find.

I have a bunch of chunks of raw paulowina billet laying around and THAT.... is exactly what it looks like. I am quite sure that is what you have there.

It it really light weight? Is it really soft? Can you easily press your fingernail into a test area and leave a mark?

Yup, paulowina.

Happy trash day.

• Members

Nice Find.

I have a bunch of chunks of raw paulowina billet laying around and THAT.... is exactly what it looks like. I am quite sure that is what you have there.

It it really light weight? Is it really soft? Can you easily press your fingernail into a test area and leave a mark?

Yup, paulowina.

Happy trash day.

That's all I could guess it was...thanks for that. IT is starting to look pretty damn cool.

• Members

Looks fine so far. Since it doesn't have frets on it, it is still perfect for a major leveling if necesary.

I've heard of bass necks warping beyond repair when the frets are removed and not filled with something hard. Apparently the slots can collapse or something. Don't know if it's an issue with an unstrung shorter scale guitar neck or not, but it's worth looking at before doing the work, I'd guess.

• Members

I've heard of bass necks warping beyond repair when the frets are removed and not filled with something hard. Apparently the slots can collapse or something. Don't know if it's an issue with an unstrung shorter scale guitar neck or not, but it's worth looking at before doing the work, I'd guess.

Worst case senario I will pick up a new neck...but for now it looks fine.

Archived