Can guitars be stored in climate controlled storage units??

mfergel

• Members

I would probably steer clear, myself. If you do that though, I would still be sure to keep them off the floor and to drape a tarp or some drop cloth plastic over top. I've heard of those things flooding or getting leaky roofs and nobody notices for months. Just because they're climate controlled doesn't mean anybody checks on them.

• Members

Due to circumstances, some of my gear is in a storage space. NOT climate controlled, but it's FL so the cold probably hasn't been too much of an issue. I have a couple containers of Damp-Rid and check them every other week.

Worse comes to worse, you have an excuse to buy some new gear! :thu:

• Members

Due to circumstances, some of my gear is in a storage space. NOT climate controlled, but it's FL so the cold probably hasn't been too much of an issue. I have a couple containers of Damp-Rid and check them every other week.

Worse comes to worse, you have an excuse to buy some new gear!
:thu:

Where do you get damp-rid? I assume that's something like putting baking soda in your fridge or those small silicone packets they put in everything?

• Members

Where do you get damp-rid? I assume that's something like putting baking soda in your fridge or those small silicone packets they put in everything?

Yes, I'd say just like those. It sucks some of the humidity out of the air. You throw these flakes in the top of the container, and the bottom fills with water. Recommended by the storage place. Pick it up at any Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

Archived