"Xaviere Guitars are JUNK?" article

scolfax

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That cheap hit job is nothing more than the site operator trolling for traffic to boost his advertising revenue.

Don't feed the trollblogs.

Or if you must, then be sure to post links back to HCEG or GFS...:thu:

• Members

I took a look around that site this AM..."there is no there there".

It appears that the site's main purpose is to reprint press releases and show pictures of half naked women posing with guitars. Not that all of that is a bad thing.

• Members

Ok, I have never touched a Xaviere guitar. Ever.

I've purchased from GFS and gotten some good stuff, some mediocre stuff, and some stuff I didn't like. Same as anywhere else.

With that out of the way, I agree 1000% with what you posted. That's incredibly irresponsible journalism.

How can anyone claim to be exposing the "truth" when they have never touched or seen the product in question? They base their "truth" on the hearsay from a couple random forum posts??? That's insane. I'm not a GFS fanboy by any stretch but that "article" is beyond amateur.

If the writer worked for me he would have been fired.

Jeez, I suppose I'll go do some reviews on the newest Lamborghini's that I've never seen. Let me see what the Ferrari forum has to say about them.

:lol:

I pretty much just posted the same sentiments on there. It's extremely reckless 'jouranalism' and I hope that they pull it. I've had similar experiences with GFS stuff and I know that not every product is going to be great for everyone and I get tired of the GFS fanboy stuff a bit, but I believe in being fair and thorough before I speak out.

The article is a joke and insulting.

• Members

:lol:

I pretty much just posted the same sentiments on there. It's extremely reckless 'jouranalism' and I hope that they pull it. I've had similar experiences with GFS stuff and I know that not every product is going to be great for everyone and I get tired of the GFS fanboy stuff a bit, but I believe in being fair and thorough before I speak out.

The article is a joke and insulting.

You and I think a lot alike. You must be a very smart guy. ;)

• Members

I had never heard of Xavier guitars until early last year, when my father-in-law bought one. He had the worse experiance with Xavier. The guitar came in with a more than warped neck, and a broken head stock. Xavier nor UPS manned up. So he was stuck with the guitar. We both know a great luthier and the guy worked magic on the guitar and made it playable. The guitar sounds nice in my opinion, but from that introductory experiance to the Xavier brand I passed them off as crap. I am wrong I guess, since there are so many good reveiws on here. I guess it is like with anything. Anyone can have a very bad experiance with a good company, but most of the time its better than bad, and that is what keeps a company around.

• Members

I had never heard of Xavier guitars until early last year, when my father-in-law bought one. He had the worse experiance with Xavier. The guitar came in with a more than warped neck, and a broken head stock. Xavier nor UPS manned up. So he was stuck with the guitar. We both know a great luthier and the guy worked magic on the guitar and made it playable. The guitar sounds nice in my opinion, but from that introductory experiance to the Xavier brand I passed them off as crap. I am wrong I guess, since there are so many good reveiws on here. I guess it is like with anything. Anyone can have a very bad experiance with a good company, but most of the time its better than bad, and that is what keeps a company around.

I assume the headstock was broken in shipping, and find it hard to believe that UPS wouldn't settle this claim, if one was ever filed.

I'm sure Jay would have exchanged the guitar because of the Issues, if it was not a blem or closeout. One or both should have stepped up and made this good. Sorry to here about your FIL's bad experience.

• Members

I assume the headstock was broken in shipping, and find it hard to believe that
UPS wouldn't settle this claim
, if one was ever filed.

I'm sure Jay would have exchanged the guitar because of the Issues, if it was not a blem or closeout. One or both should have stepped up and made this good. Sorry to here about your FIL's bad experience.

I find it easy to believe. UPS sucks hard.

Archived