"Xaviere Guitars are JUNK?" article

scolfax

• Members
I'm not going through Ebay. I'm using the "Contact Us" from the GFS website.

Jay has mentioned that usually if someone isn't getting a response from him that the e-mail is probably going to his junk/spam box. Are you making sure to put something in for a subject?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jay has mentioned that usually if someone isn't getting a response from him that the e-mail is probably going to his junk/spam box. Are you making sure to put something in for a subject?

Yeah, here's the subject line:

"Question about GFS Strat bridge part #D15"

I've sent a few emails over the last month and gotten nothing.

All I want to know is if the arm on this bridge goes into the block or into a separate bushing like a Floyd Rose or a Wilkinson VS.

yhst-50206111187217_2096_11711350

If anybody has one, I'd love to see a pic of the back or an answer to the question.

I want to buy the thing but I need to know this first because I want to swap the arm setup with one on a Floyd.

If the arm goes into the block, it won't work for me and I'll get a Wilkinson instead.

I need a bridge with this kind of arm attachment. The GFS is the cheapest so I'm hoping it will work.

wvs50_k_cr.jpg

• Members

You can unsubscribe from email notifications at the bottom of the page. I did.

The regulars there sure seem like a herd of mindless sheep, don't they?

It's nearly as bad as YouTube commentary.

Yeah, it is hillarious.

Dude writes a review based on hearsay, adds a few randomly biased anecdotes pulled off the web, actually admits he has NEVER so much has never even seen one of these guitars in person much less touched one, and starts backpeddaling when people(other than the mindless sheep regulars) start blasting him for his hack journalism and hack review, which only after the fact starts claiming it wasnt a "review" at all, just a collection of anecdotes, but proudly pats himself on the back in the actual article for having the guts to expose the {censored}ty companies out there that the less noble, less brave, other hack journalists dont have the balls to do.

All the while, the regulars keep coming in and defending him and actually THANKING him for going out of his way to keep them informed of these "aweful" companies that no one else has the guts to expose. They are actually thanking him and defending him for an article based on complete garbage. :facepalm:

I Called his rag of a site "The National Enquirer of gear reviews" :lol:

This has actually been pretty entertaining. :thu:

• Members

maybe that article is just a scam , could they be posting outrages reviews on purpose just to get you angry so that you will post in their comments section, that way they get hold of your email and start sending you marketing junck mail, or sell your email to a third party ..??? :idk:

does seem kinda goofy to do a review of anything if you haven't really tried it your self.. imo ...

i think with that article they just shot their credibility in the foot at point blanc range ..... with a 45 magnum to boot..lol. :lol:

• Members

your more eloquent post on the other site.

Well, every once in a while I like to prove that I'm not just some Internet tool. :-D

But seriously... The sad thing is that real journalism is heading in the same direction as that article.

• Members

I think that sums it up. How can it even really be considered a 'review' article?

I agree w this entirely. How the {censored} can they REVIEW a guitar they have ZERO hands-on experience w. Serious bull{censored} (and I don't own one Xaviere guitar, so I'm no fanboy playing favorites).

GilmourD, you were spot on. You didn't write out of anger, and you represented yourself well. And you did that "article" a service w your response.

• Members

Give it up guys. You're talking to children over there.

They have they're fingers in the ears and are humming loudly so they can't hear you.

I said my peace there and I'm done with them.

I don't have any intention of buying a Xaviere, I don't really like GFS pups, yet I defended GFS over there and according to them, I'm the small minded one.

The direction this world is heading really scares me sometimes.

• Members

I stumbled across this article:

I thought it was ridiculous, so posted a comment at the bottom. Was my comment at the bottom of the article out of line? I was pretty surprised by the negative reactions I got.

I responded to that *horrible* article, too.

What a pile of un-journalistic shlock.

How can someone review a guitar they've never touched, and let comments by random posters on the interwebz serve as their source of information? Wow.

I commented at the bottom, too.

• Members
maybe that article is just a scam , could they be posting outrages reviews on purpose just to get you angry so that you will post in their comments section, that way they get hold of your email and start sending you marketing junck mail, or sell your email to a third party ..???
:idk:

does seem kinda goofy to do a review of anything if you haven't really tried it your self.. imo ...

i think with that article they just shot their credibility in the foot at point blanc range ..... with a 45 magnum to boot..lol.
:lol:

That's why I didn't use my real email

• Members

I think none of you get's to the point

(Just for the record I own a few guitars from a CS to 2 Xaviers on the other side of the range.The Xaviers were in my case very much OK for the price and the had ultraquick and decent e mail responses)

Look to the page-->it has sponsor banners and links.Sites are paid by site hits.Such articles have only 1(one) meaning-->start controversy to increase site hitrate-->more money to them.Next time he does a "review"(based on hot air) on Fender's or Gibson's and the only important thing is a decent headline that the google users find there(Fender (has to be first because of search machine) guitars have a health hazard)

It is one way to earn money and it may make GC as one of their sponsors happy

Roland

• Members

I don't think I would ever buy an Xaviere Guitar or GFS pups, but what they offer is pretty good quality at a rock bottom price and that is why they are successful. I have been thinking about trying out their line of pedals.

There stuff is definitely not junk.

• Members

Well, every once in a while I like to prove that I'm not just some Internet tool. :-D

But seriously... The sad thing is that real journalism is heading in the same direction as that article.

correct except that it is there already.

Why? Because most people no longer care whether what they see or hear is right wrong intelligent stupid ethical unethical rational or crazy. As long as they are not personally affected, its OK.

In this world we get what we allow to happen.

Archived