22 fret neck on Std Tele?

Clinically Deaf

• Members

I've been gassing for a tele lately. Unfortunately I don't think I can justify the tag on an American model, so I'll prob go mexican. However, for some reason it really irks me that the std only has 21 frets. If I got a used std, would a warmoth 22 fret replacement neck cause any issues with intonation and such?? Thanks fellas I appreciate it.

• Members

By the time you buy a MIM tele std., your Warmoth neck comes in, and you install it, you probably would have the extra $200 dollars to have just bought a new MIA Std., and your total would probably be more than what you'd find the MIA for used on CL or Ebay. Unless you are just dying to try out a Warmoth neck I would wait until you have the couple extra bones to get the MIA new or buy it used.

• Members

By the time you buy a MIM tele std., your Warmoth neck comes in, and you install it, you probably would have the extra $200 dollars to have just bought a new MIA Std., and your total would probably be more than what you'd find the MIA for used on CL or Ebay. Unless you are just dying to try out a Warmoth neck I would wait until you have the couple extra bones to get the MIA new or buy it used.

Yeah there is something to be said about that. I have one warmoth neck and it is flawless, but once you factor in the possibility of a pickup swap I'm right in the range of a reg MIA. I'm gonna keep my options open, I was just curious about the possible scale difference. Thanks for the replies fellas.

• Members

Yeah there is something to be said about that. I have one warmoth neck and it is flawless, but once you factor in the possibility of a pickup swap I'm right in the range of a reg MIA. I'm gonna keep my options open, I was just curious about the possible scale difference. Thanks for the replies fellas.

I have an '08 MIM Std. Most likely you will want to change the bridge PUP. I did not like it at all. The neck PUP was pretty good though. I could have lived with it but decided to make it an HH 'cuz I got an SD antiquity used for cheap. HS would've been kinda weird so I paired it with a Pearly Gate. I really like the way it sounds now. Still don't really like the neck much but it's livable, and I've pretty much decided to give it away so there's no point in upgrading it.

• Members

I've been gassing for a tele lately. Unfortunately I don't think I can justify the tag on an American model, so I'll prob go mexican. However, for some reason it really irks me that the std only has 21 frets. If I got a used std, would a warmoth 22 fret replacement neck cause any issues with intonation and such?? Thanks fellas I appreciate it.

By the time you bought a new MIM and bought a new Warmoth 22 fret neck you could EASILY find a used American Tele for the same price.

• Members

Whatever you do....

Don't settle for 21 frets if you prefer 22 frets.

All of my guitars have 22 frets and one has 24.

There was a time where all my guitars had 24 frets, but then I realized I am not a shredder and could get by with 22 frets.

21 frets always leaves me 1 short.

You can find a used American Tele for under $600, probably $500 if the eller is desperate.

I bought my New American Standard Tele 1&1/2 months ago for $780, get what you want, don't settle.

• Members

wouldn't you be getting pretty close in price to a american if you ended up buying a warmoth neck?

Archived