This is how to ask if a guitar's fake

Annoying Twit

• Members

This is the politest way I've ever seen of asking if a guitar is fake.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gibson-SG_W0QQitemZ190383920156QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item2c53c4141c

Q: Hi There, Do you know who the original maker was before the Gibson logo was added? Thank You 26-Mar-10

A: Hi, it had the logo on when i got it which is why i bought it because it was so identical. I'm pretty sure it had an unbranded headstock because i bought it through a friend but i'm not sure where it originally came from. I've not seen a copy before with the same shape headstock as Gibson or correct set neck joint normally copies are bolt on necks.

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar etc. etc.

• Members

Does he?

For sale is my Gibson SG. This guitar is a very good condition copy of this model, plays great and looks spot on. Comes without a case.

Oh yes, he does. I do think the listing is written to be misleading though. He states both in the title and the first sentence that it's a "Gibson SG", and the "copy" is not exactly prominent.

• Members

I picked up on the "copy statement quickly, too. IMHO, it's prominent enough.

It's not nearly as prominent as "Gibson SG" and "I'm selling my Gibson SG". IMHO he's fishing for someone to not notice the copy bit. The title and the first sentence are outright lies.

• Members
It's not nearly as prominent as "Gibson SG" and "I'm selling my Gibson SG". IMHO he's fishing for someone to not notice the copy bit. The title and the first sentence are outright lies.

keywords for searches.

catch more flies with honey etc :)

ill agree some people could get confused about it, but it doesnt seem deliberately dishonest.

Archived