Guitar Straps Extenders

Boner

• Members

Anyone know where I can get something to make my guitar straps a little longer? I know they make longer straps, but rather than buy new straps, I'm just looking for something to add to my current strap that will allow the guitar to hand a little lower.

• Members

If you're into Dimarzio clip-lock straps, you can get longer clip ends that fit to your guitar and still fully max out the legnth of the strap (sounds dirty, not supposed to). Then you can clip any other dimarzio strap to it no probs. No? They are a bit pricy for nylon though

• Members

Depending on the style of strap, you might just need a piece of leather. If you use something that has a pigtail, meaning the kind with a bunch of holes that you thread the piece through, then getting a longer piece of leather and making a longer pigtail is pretty easy. Go to Hobby Lobby or some other craft store and get some leather, then trace your pigtail shape on to it.. Some sort of rolling blade cutter is ideal, but scissors will do if you have to. It's not hard and it's very cheap. This is also a great way to replace a worn out pigtail.

Archived