nice tones from these Dream 90s!

tlbonehead

• Members
Wow, those are dream 90's? Those sound great! Surprisingly articulate.
:thu:
Love the sorta surfy chime around 2:05.
:love:

Thanks for posting, tlb.
:thu:

yeah, I really like that, "surf chime with a little hair on top" tone. Kinda makes me re-think how to use mine.

• Members
I'm sorry, those are no dream 90s producing that tone, I have a pair - and put them in a strat then an LP...I just don't believe it (opinion)

actually, I can easily get into that tone area on the neck Dream with my guitar. Its the bridge that I never really cared for, mainly because it doesn't do the bridge P90 fat tones.

• Members

Maybe ur doin it wrong.
:idk:

:lol:

Check out the other ones the kid posted, sounds nothing like it - why is there no live video of it?

and I think I can handle it...

Tbone- I'll send you the backing track and let me see you get that tone ok.

• Members
Check out the other ones the kid posted, sounds nothing like it - why is there no live video of it?

and I think I can handle it...

Tbone- I'll send you the backing track and let me see you get that tone ok.

ok, send someone to record it too.

• Members

I'm just saying, if you can do it - I'd love to hear it perhaps I'm wrong, I can play that to the note with any strat...Dream 90s would make it sound like a surf song.

what pots are you using with the Dreams? And where do you set the guitar's tone? I set my amp bright and roll most of that chime back on the guitar for a tone like that. And an overdrive/boost that has a good midrange hump helps a lot.

• Members

what pots are you using with the Dreams? And where do you set the guitar's tone? I set my amp bright and roll most of that chime back on the guitar for a tone like that. And an overdrive/boost that has a good midrange hump helps a lot.

Currently they are on a double-cut LP with CTS 500k audio taper pots, I'll mess around with the settings you suggested. Thanks, here is a pic of when they were in the LP, thankfully I put Tonerider Generators in to save the guitar!

dr7eyp.jpg

• Members
Currently they are on a double-cut LP with CTS 500k audio taper pots, I'll mess around with the settings you suggested. Thanks, here is a pic of when they were in the LP, thankfully I put Tonerider Generators in to save the guitar!

dr7eyp.jpg

been interested in the HB sized Toneriders. You like them in comparison to an actual P90 vibe?

• Members

been interested in the HB sized Toneriders. You like them in comparison to an actual P90 vibe?

I have the Generators which are fairly hot, but are very good pick-ups for blues rock which is my genre, the DC Resistance is 8.0k (neck) and 16k (bridge)

- the P-90s are called Rebel 90s and have been getting excellent reviews.

http://www.tonerider.com/pickups/r90spickups.html

Overall, I highly recommend that you try out some of their products (I am not affiliated whatsoever!)

Thank you Preacher for your comment on the LP!:thu:

Archived