Squier Gurus!?

ssureshot

• Members

I think the bullets and affinities actually say it on the headstock. I could be wrong.

It looks just like a standard I worked on last year, except mine said "STRAT" in stead of "Stratocaster". It was black, 1-ply white pickguard, 21 frets, had the pickups with 2 ceramic bar magnets, heavy 6 piece poplar body, had those same crappy tuners.

To answer your question, no I can't say for sure it's a standard, but that's my guess.

• Members

Those are the worst tuners evr made in the history of mankind.

That looks like a 90's Squier Stratocaster Standard.

Couldn't tell you country of origin, other than it looks a lot like my 90's Epiphone "Strat"... (judging by the tuners)

But, then again, I'm no Squier guru.

• Members

From the tuners and the logo it looks like a 90s Korean Strat

Indeed. I have a '95 MIK Squier and it's a pretty decent guitar. The tuners work, they just look and feel crappy. I dropped a loaded pickguard in it and play it a good deal. The neck feels great. The body is plywood, but that may or may not matter.

If you can get it for $50, it's a good deal assuming it is in decent shape.

• Members

Yeah, I'd guess it's Korean... later than 1992, but no older than 1997.

I totally just pulled those dates out of my ass. :lol:

Some of them are OK. I've had about 8 or 9 1989 Korean Squiers which are pretty much great other than the plywood bodies (which doesn't bother me) and the lame pickups (which are easily replaced). This one is definitely newer than that though.

Can the seller give you a serial number? That would tell us a bit more.

• Members

you cant beat a $50 guitar. It would be a great guitar to learn things on....such as...installing pickups....proper setup....fret jobs. If you {censored} it up so what. If you dont then it will be well worth the $50 IMO

Archived