New Fender American Deluxe Strat

MichaelSaulnier

• Members

I followed the ad to MF to check out the new Fender American Deluxe Strat.

The most significant changes, imho, appear to be the new "S3" pups, (another generation of noiseless style pups), and the compound radius neck.

In my memory, Fender hasn't provided any non-custom shop models with compound radius necks before... I'm curious to try one. There are also a couple of "new" colors.

I appears MF has these in stock... have they hit the stores yet?

Anyone tried one, bought one?

Anyone planning to?

Tell us more!

Pics, comments, clips welcome!

M

• Members

I haven't seen one in person yet, but yeah they look sweet. The new pickups are called "N3", and on the humbucker Strat there's also a "passing lane" switch that I *think* switches you to full-on humbucker mode, bypassing the volume and tone pots, a-la the blower switch on the Guthrie Govan Suhr. The humbucker one also has a roller nut and more modern neck shape.

I haven't seen one in person yet, but yeah they look sweet. The new pickups are called "N3", and on the humbucker Strat there's also a "passing lane" switch that I *think* switches you to full-on humbucker mode, bypassing the volume and tone pots, a-la the blower switch on the Guthrie Govan Suhr. The humbucker one also has a roller nut and more modern neck shape.

Hot hairy mama!:eek:

Archived