OT: If I get banned in one subforum here....

guitarman3001

• Members

According to what I experienced, "trolling" and "stirring the pot" over there = making pro-bugera arguments and pointing out the hypocrisy and idiocy of those who trash bugera by crying copycat while owning les paul clones made by companies like hamer.

I don't think that quite equates...a Hamer more expensive than a Les Paul (or at least on par) and has extremely strict quality control and a small crew building few guitars with all top-shelf components.

Unless you mean Hamer imports in which case I see the point.

Are you coming to my parents' place for Easter?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think that quite equates...a Hamer more expensive than a Les Paul (or at least on par) and has extremely strict quality control and a small crew building few guitars with all top-shelf components.

Unless you mean Hamer imports in which case I see the point.

Are you coming to my parents' place for Easter?

So

Expensive copy = good

affordable copy = bad

you're one of those....... I see

• Members
I got a new GC catalog today and the V22 was in it. Reading about it definitely piqued my curiosity....and it's only 349.00!
Knowing bugera, it's got to be a clone of something.
I did a quick google search and came up with guesses ranging from vox ac30 to fender bassman but nothing really definite. Anyone know what it's supposed to be a clone of?

• Members

No.

Really well made copy = good

something that looks the part but doesn't live up and has cheap components + bad

I'm one of those.

This seems like an odd distinction. It's ok to rip off someone else's design as long as it's a better copy and costs more than the original?

But it's bad to rip off a design and charge less than the original?

• Members

funny...isn't this your thread?

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2393297
:cop:

Absolutely that was my thread. Thanks for pointing out that I was mistaken about my initial belief that the bugera was a clone.

Thank you for calling me out on that and in the process admitting that you were wrong about bugeras being clones. It takes a big man to admit he was wrong.

I admit I was wrong in thinking that it was a clone.

You admit you were also wrong about bugeras being clones.

Should we kiss and make up now? :love:

• Members

No.

Really well made copy = good

something that looks the part but doesn't live up and has cheap components + bad

I'm one of those

by "one of those", you obviously mean someone who fails at logic

I'm just curious...I wonder how many ways you guys will find to rephrase the

Expensive ripoff = good

Inexpensive ripoff = bad

argument.

• Members

by "one of those", you obviously mean someone who fails at logic

I'm just curious...I wonder how many ways you guys will find to rephrase the

Expensive ripoff = good

Inexpensive ripoff = bad

argument.

I have never (to my recollection) failed at logic. In fact I'm damn near the fictional character Spock in my logical nature.

I have (or have had) 3 Les Paul styled guitars by ESP/LTD that were not expensive and they are (or were) all very good.

So...FAIL-a-rooski to you...and you're no longer invited to Easter at my parents' place.

It's funny how both of you have assumed that I have said things that I did not say but you were both damn sharp enough to understand that I hit the shift key prior to hitting the = sign to make the + sign. That didn't confuse you but plain English does.

Stunning.

• Members

Cost has nothing to do with it.

That depends upon whether there is copyright infringement or not. Should there only be Ford automobiles in the world (or whichever one was first)?

I have never (to my recollection) failed at logic. In fact I'm damn near the fictional character Spock in my logical nature.

I have (or have had) 3 Les Paul styled guitars by ESP/LTD that were not expensive and they are (or were) all very good.

So...FAIL-a-rooski to you...and you're no longer invited to Easter at my parents' place.

It's funny how both of you have
assumed
that I have said things that I did not say but you were both damn sharp enough to understand that I hit the
shift
key prior to hitting the = sign to make the + sign. That didn't confuse you but plain English does.

Stunning.

So just to make sure I'm clear on this, what you're saying is not that you have a problem with bugera copying other gear, but rather that you don't like bugera products because in your opinion you think they are inferior and crappy?

• Members

Cost has nothing to do with it.

. Should there only be Ford automobiles in the world (or whichever one was first)?

But nobody is making the argument there should be one amp company.

A good analogy would be if I copied a Ford Mustang part for part, threw on a turbo charger and then sold it as an Alex W Wustang and charged $40,000 more than Ford did. Why would that be ok, but if a Japanese company did the same thing and charged less, cut some costs, and sold it below Ford...suddenly it's wrong.

Ethically, company A and B did the same thing. The company that was copied is going to lose sales in either situation. The company being copied might lose more sales to the company charging cheaper prices but it doesn't make it morally or ethically different.

A copied amp is a copied amp is a copied amp. Half of the people on this forum play a copy of Gibson or Fender design (even a you admitted to it) but this isn't even blinked at because it's been accepted for so long. How is an ESP/LTD LP different than a Bugera inspired Matchless or Marshall?

• Members

A copied amp is a copied amp is a copied amp. Half of the people on this forum play a copy of Gibson or Fender design (even a you admitted to it) but this isn't even blinked at because it's been accepted for so long. How is an ESP/LTD LP different than a Bugera inspired Matchless or Marshall?

Exactly. Now admittedly, Behringer has made some bad copies of some stuff, but they also make some decent gear, including some of the Burgera line.

Frankly, I think most of this Behringer hate is snorkel-dickery.

• Members

'Inspired' is a euphemistic way of describing it.

Besides, the whole Ford analogy came out of someone else suggesting that I said something that I didn't say. I'm sure that if this thread went on long enough that the topic would get around to curtain colours because of people assuming that things were said and/or responding about things that were never said.

• Members

True. I think it is just important to not let other's opinions or idiotic comments get to you. When it comes to your music and gear, only one opinion matters:thu:

This is true.

In my experience not many people have had the opportunity to use the amps I own and use on a regular basis and therefor should shut the hell up when I'm talking. :lol:

That didn't come out the way I meant it to because I forgot what I was going to type by the time I got a typing window. :bor:

• Members

I think the entire amp forum should be eliminated. Not much amp info and just a bunch of kids trying to prove who is more
:evil:

Same goes for guitar jam. It's just a popularity contest to see who is the wittiest member and who posts the most. Well, at least it's good for keeping a lot of {censored} threads out of EG.

Don't see the need for OJ either. That place just reeks. Maybe they'll get rid of them with 2.0

I agree. As a matter of fact, I am seeing more amp questions here all the time and nobody says anything about it because we all know what it's like asking a question about amps in the amp forum. There are a few good people there but they are in the minority.

• Members

hey I made the switch because of that very same reason.

I am actually happy that I can ask questions here and ACTUALLY get answers, and not just a bunch of {censored} because I dont already know everything. I like it here in EG alot better then the amp forum. nothing but a bunch of poser douche bags

Archived