OT: If I get banned in one subforum here....

guitarman3001

• Members

If I get banned in one subforum here....say...oh...the amp forum... am I also banned from all the other forums or does it go forum by forum?

Seems the guys in the map forum have a little clique going and if you upset one of the "in crowd" by disagreeing with them and proving them wrong, you may find yourself threatened with being frozen or banned.

this is a purely hypothetical question of course.... :cool:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the entire amp forum should be eliminated. Not much amp info and just a bunch of kids trying to prove who is more :evil:

Same goes for guitar jam. It's just a popularity contest to see who is the wittiest member and who posts the most. Well, at least it's good for keeping a lot of {censored} threads out of EG.

Don't see the need for OJ either. That place just reeks. Maybe they'll get rid of them with 2.0

• Members
I think the entire amp forum should be eliminated. Not much amp info and just a bunch of kids trying to prove who is more
:evil:

Same goes for guitar jam. It's just a popularity contest to see who is the wittiest member and who posts the most. Well, at least it's good for keeping a lot of {censored} threads out of EG.

Don't see the need for OJ either. That place just reeks. Maybe they'll get rid of them with 2.0

Can't say I disagree. Every time I find myself in the amp forum here I'm quickly reminded why I don't post there more often.

• Members

I agree. People aren't very accepting over there. Just looking for arguments....like a few in HCEG.:poke:

lol...yeah, but at least the arguments here are generally civil and people aren't threatened with banning and freezing just because they call someone out on something, even if it's in a not-so-nice way.

Over on the amp forum, it seems that disagreeing with one of the in-crowd in a manner that doesn't involve kissing their feet will get you accused of trolling.

• Members

Ok, what'd you say over there? And who'd you piss off? I'm curious.

lol..well...I don't recall exactly what set off the angry mod over there but it was in one of the bugera {censored}storm threads. One of the posters over there, who as it turns out happens to be one of the "cool guys" according to them, started going off on how bugera is bad because they steal other designs and sell ripoffs of them.

At some point I noticed his gear list and what did I see? Turns out the "bugera is bad because they sell clones" guy has not one, but two Hamer les paul doublecut clones!

Let's just say they didn't take too kindly to my pointing out the hypocrisy of this. The rationalization and mental gymnastics they started using to justify that were pretty amazing and I think I pissed them off with my attitude towards that.

Now, whether you agree with my point of view or not isn't important and doesn't matter. It's that as I was pointing this out and making my opinions on this very clear, I was accused of trolling and told to play nice or I'd be taking a vacation.

• Members

lol...yeah, but at least the arguments here are generally civil and people aren't threatened with banning and freezing just because they call someone out on something, even if it's in a not-so-nice way.

Over on the amp forum, it seems that disagreeing with one of the in-crowd in a manner that doesn't involve kissing their feet will get you accused of trolling.

True. I think it is just important to not let other's opinions or idiotic comments get to you. When it comes to your music and gear, only one opinion matters:thu:

• Members
lol..well...I don't recall exactly what set off the angry mod over there but it was in one of the bugera {censored}storm threads. One of the posters over there, who as it turns out happens to be one of the "cool guys" according to them, started going off on how bugera is bad because they steal other designs and sell ripoffs of them.

At some point I noticed his gear list and what did I see? Turns out the "bugera is bad because they sell clones" guy has not one, but two Hamer les paul doublecut clones!

Let's just say they didn't take too kindly to my pointing out the hypocrisy of this. The rationalization and mental gymnastics they started using to justify that were pretty amazing and I think I pissed them off with my attitude towards that.

Now, whether you agree with my point of view or not isn't important and doesn't matter. It's that as I was pointing this out and making my opinions on this very clear, I was accused of trolling and told to play nice or I'd be taking a vacation.

:lol: ....you mean not everyone agrees with you? :lol:

• Members

:lol:
....you mean not everyone agrees with you?
:lol:

lol...never thought they did nor do they have to. Although it was quite the shock when I found out that not everyone agrees with me!!!!!

what I did there is no different than the disagreements I've had with you over the issue. They just didn't like me calling out one of their homies on his hypocrisy and tried to shut me up by accusing me of trolling and threatening to freeze me. Quite a few sandy vaginas on the maps forums if you ask me! :D

• Members

aww c'mon guitarman3001......................it wasn't that bad at all

you put up a good fight dude, had some points to make, it was cool

i think you might be excessively butthurt. Guitarbilly seems alright too, and no, i doubt he's the master of an "in crowd"

good thread BTW

• Members

I don't have a strong opinion about whether Burgera amps are copies or not. I have a V5 and I think it sounds quite good for a $150 amp.

That said, I looked at that thread over in the amp forum, and I'm reminded why I don't spend any time over there. It's like Lord of the Flies over there.

• Members

aww c'mon guitarman3001......................it wasn't that bad at all

you put up a good fight dude, had some points to make, it was cool

i think you might be excessively butthurt. Guitarbilly seems alright too, and no, i doubt he's the master of an "in crowd"

good thread BTW

lol...I'm not butthurt at all. Just a bit surprised that k-pizzle or whatever his name is threatened to ban me. Did you see anything in there that would warrant that? Hell, compared to some of the other threads in the maps forum, that one looked like romper room. As for guitarbilly, I have no clue who he is. I just know that when I started going off on him, someone told me I was insulting a "cool poster" and respected member of their "community".

Archived