More E bay B.S

Invader.CC

• Members

I just got a cancellation of bid notice from E-bay for a guitar i was bidding on..

The seller with a little over 4 hours left canceled the auction and then re listed the guitar with a much higher reserve then they originally had..

The guitar originally had a $300 dollar reserve now it has a $500 dollar reserve with a $599.99 Buy it now price..

At the time bids were canceled there were 11 bidders..I was in the lead with a $355 dollar bid...

Just so you all know i guess it is now alright if you do not like the way your auction is going you can now take a mulligan and start over..:facepalm:

• Members

I was on the other end of this...I had an item up, and this guy bid on it, never paid, never communicated...had to run a claim...re-listed the item at a lower price...same guy bid...

...so I cancelled the auction...

You can exclude bidders from your auctions. Anytime someone bids and doesn't pay, I add them to my list...

• Members

As a seller I should be able to cancel if I want. What, I should let myself get hosed? It's not the same as shill bidding. That's simply not right. Cancelling an auction that isn't going well isn't anything to be ashamed of. Grow up.

Wrong.

Put a reserve on it that you are comfortable with in the first place.

It seems much more 'grown up' to list it properly.

• Members

It used to be that you couldn't cancel the auction if there were bids on it.

I'd report it under anything I could report it under & I would NOT buy it from him. Let the auction run its course and not make the reserve.

As far back as I can remember, you've always been able to cancel an auction early, you just had to cancel all the bids first.

• Members

It's Fleabay, home of scammers and fakes. I wouldn't buy a guitar unless I can play it before hand, pictures don't tell me squat.

There are good reputable dealers on Ebay...you just have to know how to weed through the {censored}ty ones to find them. I'm a lefty and it's almost impossible to find a good selection of lefties here in Atlanta...I've been playing for over 40 years and up until Ebay my selection was very limited...I know have bought six guitars on ebay ...all lefties..1997 Gibson ES 335, 1980s St. Blues Telecaster, 1990 Takamine F-360S, Edwards Les Paul, 1990 Greco Les Paul and a 2007 Tokai ES 120 (335 clone)..the only dog out of the bunch was the 335...Ebay has been a godsend for us lefties.

• Members

As a seller I should be able to cancel if I want. What, I should let myself get hosed? It's not the same as shill bidding. That's simply not right. Cancelling an auction that isn't going well isn't anything to be ashamed of. Grow up.

You're allowed to do that, and shouldn't let grumpy buyers tell you otherwise. You have to admit, though, it does take a little sport out of the transaction.

• Members

You have the ability to put a reserve on your listing to avoid getting "hosed". Cancelling an auction that isn't going well IS something to be ashamed of, it's low and it shows ignorance of the process. I don't think a sell should be able to cancel an auction after there are bids unless there are extenuating circumstances.

Sorry, but the seller changing his mind and pulling an auction because bids aren't high enough is no different than a seller changing their mind and retracting their bid. Both knew what they were getting into when they got into it.

• Members

Many people use Ebay as one of many methods to advertise an item. You see all of the time where sellers state that they have the item advertised locally and reserve the right to cancel the auction at any time. This isn't the case here. But seller's remorse does happen. Given that I think an auction with bids shouldn't be allowed to be canceled unless a statement is made in the auction that it may happen.

• Members
I just got a cancellation of bid notice from E-bay for a guitar i was bidding on..

The seller with a little over 4 hours left canceled the auction and then re listed the guitar with a much higher reserve then they originally had..

The guitar originally had a $300 dollar reserve now it has a $500 dollar reserve with a $599.99 Buy it now price..

At the time bids were canceled there were 11 bidders..I was in the lead with a $355 dollar bid...

Just so you all know i guess it is now alright if you do not like the way your auction is going you can now take a mulligan and start over..
:facepalm:

originals_bullshit1_ranndino.jpg

• Members

Bull{censored}. When you list something you have ample time to research the potential sale value of the item, you have every chance to think about a reserve or to list without it, come up with shipping terms, etc.

The only reason an auction should be canceled is if the item is lost or stolen, becomes damaged, or is sold locally - and you plainly stated you reserve the right to cancel because it was for sale locally as well.

If you expect a bidder to honor a bid you had better be prepared to live up to the terms you have set.

• Members

Bull{censored}. When you list something you have ample time to research the potential sale value of the item, you have every chance to think about a reserve or to list without it, come up with shipping terms, etc.

The only reason an auction should be canceled is if the item is lost or stolen, becomes damaged, or is sold locally - and you plainly stated you reserve the right to cancel because it was for sale locally as well.

If you expect a bidder to honor a bid you had better be prepared to live up to the terms you have set.

I 100% agree with that statement.

if a bidder is held to buying a product, a buyer should be held to selling it.

Archived