[YOUTUBE]aQbXhdJYqhE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]cDIzMGh94vo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]LHQqqM5sr7g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]jwv-iRvyDZg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]aC9Kc-p2xxw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]PQHPYelqr0E[/YOUTUBE]

i even like pork and beans :eek:

• Members
Loves me some Weezer, but only the first 3 albums.

...ditto for me too...Ive been rocking Weezer this passed week, the Blue Album...I bought it 10 years ago this summer...rocked it all through high school...Pinkerton was good too...the Green Album had some really good tracks...but after that, they started trying way to hard to be Weezer...their almost a parody now...

...I had some free time the other day, and I actually recorded a cover of "In The Garage"...not my best work, but oh well...I def can appreciate Weezer :thu:...

• Members

I like them. The old formulas still work!

It's just that,...they seem so harmless.

They look like they bathe and get haircuts.

Which isn't a bad thing.

Ya, they sing about hash pipes but if California legalizes pot, that's not a bad thing anymore. Right?

The Guv'nor can smoke a real fatty and wean himself off those contraband Cohibas.

• Members

I was in a bar sometime within the last year, and saw a bunch of 21 year olds singing along with The Sweater Song. It made me think of Weezer like this:

The blue album came out over 15 years ago. They're arguably just as popular (if not more so) now as they were then. When they hit the scene, what band was popular with the scenesters and had been for 15 years previous? In 1995, the only bands I could think of that had a current hit and had been popular for that long were Aerosmith and Van Halen (neither of which could have been considered particularly hip in 1995...)

In my book, this fact alone makes Weezer worthy of great accolades; however, their cool music is icing on the cake of a great career. :thu:

• Members
I like them. The old formulas still work!

It's just that,...they seem so harmless.

They look like they bathe and get haircuts.

Which isn't a bad thing.

Ya, they sing about hash pipes but if California legalizes pot, that's not a bad thing anymore. Right?

The Guv'nor can smoke a real fatty and wean himself off those contraband Cohibas.

arnold-pot.jpg

• Members

Weezer are great. Even the new albums have their moments but they are definately more hit-and-miss than the older ones (with Make Believe being especially poor IMO).

One thing I'll always love is the fat, chunky rhythm tones. Sounds awesome. If I could nail that I'd be happy

• Members

I've grown to dislike a lot of music I liked when I was a kid, but man, I still love every song I used to from this band (IE, their new stuff sucks, for the most part). One of the bands I play in is heavily influenced by this band, and we get the comparison fairly often.

Archived