SG's go great with all sort of whammy's/vibratos

Ferdinandstrat

• Members

oh god, kill it with fire!!
:mad::freak:

Just kidding.
:thu::love:
:love:

My first real electric was a 70s era Gibson SG with a factory installed Bigsby.

Or should I say a factory badly installed Bigsby.

I can certainly understand Bigsby hate from people who have never played a properly set up one.

• Members

SG's with Bigsby's are my prefered guitar setup for most stuff:
downsized_0210001147.jpg

I see you're using a Vibramate with your SG Classic (just like me).

I think the Vibramate positions the Bigsby WAAYYY TOO close to the bridge. It should be pushed back at least 1.5" or more, IMO.

I'm gonna stick with the Vibramate for a month or two, but if I bond with the Bigsby, I'm going to mount it directly to my SG Classic and then make some red nitro-covered mahogany discs to plug up the stoptail holes.

• Members

^^^

I agree. I don't have tuning issues or anything, but it's not a very comfortable spot if you actually want to use the Bigsby. Look at where it is on my Faded. That's where I found it really comfy.

If you mount it permanently, hold the guitar as if you were playing it, and kind of "dry fit" the Bigsby, to see where it's most comfortable for you, then you will be as happy as possible with it.

• Members

The switch works like it does on any other Gibson style, up is neck, middle is both, down is bridge.

It is currently wired with the middle pickup always "on". There are 3 volumes and a master tone. So I can dial the middle pickup in or out however I want.

Archived