Looks like Behringer treats employees better than Gibson

Frets99

• Members

The funny thing is that no one wants (or needs) Gibson to do anything extraordinary or revolutionary. Just make the same guitars you used to make really well. I'm not looking for anything new from Gibson, I do want my $5k LP custom to be perfect.

No more robots, no more dusk tigers, no more reverse V's. Just well made classics. Let Epiphone test market that other crap.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd like to see Gibson under new management, because a new atmosphere would breathe life into their lineup and improve the end-product. I don't think the current lineup is bad, but it could use some work, as well as some firing/switching things up in their innovation department.

• Members

Can't speak for Behringer...

But the Gibson acoustic plant is outside of town here. Very high turnover--most people don't last a year. Lots of injuries. Really weird crap goes down out there. Just about every construction worker in town has a story from their Gibson days.

And the exotic hardwoods some of the finish carpenters use around here is amazing ;)

• Members

But the Gibson acoustic plant is outside of town here. Very high turnover--most people don't last a year. Lots of injuries. Really weird crap goes down out there. Just about every construction worker in town has a story from their Gibson days.

Once it went non-union it was all down hill for the employees (and workmanship).

• Members

Can't speak for Behringer...

And the exotic hardwoods some of the finish carpenters use around here is amazing
;)

Great quality control, one day your building high end guitars, the next day you're pounding nails. :facepalm:

• Members

I don't think Gibson is Waterboarding their employees yet, maybe when Fender takes over the company. :poke:

Every Fender employee I've ever worked with (and that's a few) has been quite happy and loved working for Fender.

Every Gibson employee I've ever met has either been miserable or a prick. The miserable ones would probably rather be waterboarded.

Archived