Paul Reed Smith

lachupakabra361

• Members

they are so well made and as i have said in other posts, my Mira suits me. It is small, and so am I at 110#. I can't say enough about it... 5 years ago, when looking for a better guitar i was all vintage, old gibson/ fender...I totally forgot about checking out PRS.... I "Re- discovered" PRS, broke down, bought a new Mira a year ago and the other guitars hardly ever get played....I have an 06 tele aniversary that i really thought would be my main guitar....NOT...don't get me wrong, it is really nice and all, but something about it bites. The pups are really hot, Certain songs cry for the tele, and my gibson L6s is awesome for other tunes, but for lead and all around playing, the PRS is smooth smooth smooth to play and the new birds are subtle.. ..

now for a starla! or something with a tremolo . I need to learn how to use one tastefully...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have two. I must admit that I feel a little pretentious playing them. But unlike a lot of other flashy expensive things, they're incredibly good at what they were designed to do.

Why would you feel pretentious? That's silly!

Anyway, about 4 years ago when I went guitar shopping I tried out PRS's and found that I was unimpressed. I just like the feel of Fender's better. That being said, they are beautiful guitars and the people that I know who have them, love them.

• Members

You see a lot of them because PRS makes some of the finest guitars available. Their QC is second to none, they use the finest materials and designed to be super versitile. If I could afford one, I'd happily be playing a Mira or CU22.

• Members

I think they're fantastic. The playability and craftsmanship is unparalleled. I know some aren't crazy about the pickups (I :love: them), you can always swap out. Plus, I think people who have never played them want to compare them to LP's or strats, but they have their own sound.

• Members
Then how about Opeth, Primus, Porcupine Tree, Al Di Meola and countless of others who actually have the skill and musical knowledge?

(except for Larry Lalonde...he's quite debatable...)

Bump for this comment :thu: i love Opeth. PRS is decent i just dont needa buy a $2000 with a set neck that has a fixed bridge w/ tremolo :lol: Yes that means im not too fond of Gibson or Fender either...i guess that makes me one in a hundred for this forum :poke:

Archived