Paul Reed Smith

lachupakabra361

• Members

im tired of seeing them :idk: dont get me wrong, they are freakin gorgeous guitars, their build quality is awesome and every single one ive played has been awesome. BUT im tired of seeing them. you know how you see a pointy and/or bright colored floyd equiped guitar and you thing soooo 80's? i think thats how mirror shined quilt-y top guitars are gonna be. sooooo 2000's. haha just my personal opinion.... so if you decide to get rid of your PRS's, ill take it off your hands for you:poke:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

im tired of seeing them
:idk:
dont get me wrong, they are freakin gorgeous guitars, their build quality is awesome and every single one ive played has been awesome. BUT im tired of seeing them. you know how you see a pointy and/or bright colored floyd equiped guitar and you thing soooo 80's? i think thats how mirror shined quilt-y top guitars are gonna be. sooooo 2000's. haha just my personal opinion.... so if you decide to get rid of your PRS's, ill take it off your hands for you:poke:

Me too, that is why I bought one that looks like this:lol:

100_2262.jpg

100_2267.jpg

100_2264.jpg

100_2263.jpg

I still wouldn't mind a flame/quilt one!!!

• Members

not a fan either, although I do think the Mira/Starla are a vast improvement over the customs. Looks wise especially, they have a bit of character whereas I think the customs are over-refined. But thats my opinion in general, i'd rather drive an old car with little quirks than a brand new finely fettled car, part of a character is the little flaws. And I ride my old 70's single-speed bicycle way more than my 2009 bianchi with all the fancy gears and technology.

• Members

I'm sort of on board with what you're saying.

I tend to associate PRS guitars with every douchebag flavor-of-the-week pop hard rock band that comes along now. Or at least their list of endorsers makes me think that way.

Chevelle, finger eleven, 311, good charlotte, etc.

Not that I don't appreciate a nicely made PRS though.

• Members

I'm sort of on board with what you're saying.

I tend to associate PRS guitars with every douchebag flavor-of-the-week pop hard rock band that comes along now. Or at least their list of endorsers makes me think that way.

Chevelle, finger eleven, 311, good charlotte, etc.

Not that I don't appreciate a nicely made PRS though.

Then how about Opeth, Primus, Porcupine Tree, Al Di Meola and countless of others who actually have the skill and musical knowledge?

(except for Larry Lalonde...he's quite debatable...)

• Members

While I appreciate the quality of PRS, I have never had GAS to buy one after the custom ordered Artist Ltd. I bought about 12 years ago. It went back to the store in a week's time and I never felt bad about returning it.

I've owned and seen so many Gibsons and Fenders and seen so many PRS's, that I almost don't see them anymore, even when I am looking right at one. I might as well be looking at gray socks in a clothing store. It's become that monotonous, and boring, like walking into a GC and seeing the same old {censored} that every other store carries...Peavey, Fender, Marshall, Gibsons, Asian-built guitars...:facepalm:

• Members

not a fan either, although I do think the Mira/Starla are a vast improvement over the customs. Looks wise especially, they have a bit of character whereas I think the customs are over-refined. But thats my opinion in general, i'd rather drive an old car with little quirks than a brand new finely fettled car, part of a character is the little flaws. And I ride my old 70's single-speed bicycle way more than my 2009 bianchi with all the fancy gears and technology.

Sure but the quirky old car will leave you stranded on that quirky old highway. That crappy old bike is too heavy to make it up a proper hill without killing you. The guitar that keep coming out of tune just annoys me.

• Members

Sure but the quirky old car will leave you stranded on that quirky old highway. That crappy old bike is too heavy to make it up a proper hill without killing you. The guitar that keep coming out of tune just annoys me.

some flawed designs, or designs with quirks if you will, are very popular and useful. a bigsby bridge for example technically has lots of design flaws yet they make it what it is.

Archived