Any other guitars like this one?

morbit

• Members

Short story, I tried the Squire Hello Kitty strat today, and I was amazed at how easy it played. The neck is just heaven for my tiny hands. Went I got home, I looked up the specs for this guitar, but I'm not sure really what I should be looking at. According to amazon, the neck has a 9.5 radius. I don't believe that's what I should be looking at, since my strat has the same, but it's nowhere near that easy to get my hands around.

Are there any other guitars with such a small neck? Or, considering the target buyers, any other electric guitars "for little girls"? I'm not sure I should even consider a guitar with only one pick-up, no tone knob, or without a whammy (I kinda like the whammy). I'm just ignoring the color and pickguard for now...

According to a site I found, it says the Les Paul Goddess is also meant for girls, but I found no info on the neck...

Anyone know of other guitars like that Hello Kitty one?

• Members

I looked up the specs of the Hello Kitty strat. The nut is 1.61" wide. A Standard Strat has a nut that is 1.65" wide. My guess is that the HK neck is probably slimmer too.

The Gibson Les Paul Traditional has a nut width of 1.695".

I would go to a site like Musician's Friend that lists the specs for each of the guitars that they sell. Try to find something skinny like the Hello Kitty.

Rickenbacker models 330, 360, 620 and some other models' necks are very slim, but they are pretty expensive. The 620 is preferred by some female artists for it's light weight, small body and slim neck.

0828541_f.jpg

• Members

Anything but those.
:lol:

But seriously, they look like decent guitars. I might consider the star one, or the rebel rockit one.

Thanks for those! Any others?

I have owned a Daisy Rock Retro-H and gigged it. Freaking great guitar. I currently own the 12-string version (modded by prior owner):

3447427971_d16a35558e.jpg

A similar brand to Daisy is Luna-- Google and you'll find. I have no idea about their quality though.

• Members

Do you have short slim fingers? So that the fingerboard needs to be narrower as well as the neck slimmer?

Or are your fingers a bit thicker? As in, the fingerboard can be more a standard width but the neck still need to have a slim profile?

Various Ibanez guitars have wonderfully slim necks and flat-ish profiles but the fingerboard/nut widths run in the 43mm range.

Ibanez Artist Series

GART50QATRB.gif

• Members

Check out the kid sized Squiers

Lots of fun to play but habit forming and not good for coming back to a regular neck where you have to stretch out your fingers.

I've come to the conclusion that I like the pain from stretching my fingers out since I'm able to and arthritis has not had a detrimental effect on my playing.

My mother had it bad. I have the tell tale bulgy knuckles.

I believe that playing guitar is good for preventing arthritis finger lock up.

Anything that involves continuous finger agility has got to be good.

But, the Strat Jr and Squier Mini are fun to play.

CIMG0112.jpg

Archived